Chapter 19 - Grow Up

2 weeks later

Kaius

          Its been a full two weeks since that day in my office when I made out with Simone and Nyla walking in on us. I tried to speak to her multiple times and Nyla wouldn't hear of it. The girl has been giving me the silent treatment. I tried everything to get her to say something to me, but she won't talk.

         Right now, I'm in my office while Nyla is sitting on the couch drawing in her sketch book with headphones in her ear. Ignoring every word, I say to her. I know that I messed up big time, but now I just miss her speaking to me. 

         "You tried to leave for the umpteenth time, you're still not speaking to me, and its getting old. This is ridiculous, how long are you going to keep this up? Hmm?" I asked, looking at her, but she didn't respond.

         I got up from my desk and walked over to the couch that Nyla was sitting on and took the headphones out of her ear.

         "I'm talking to you damnit!" I yelled out as she folded her arms at me not saying a word.

         I sighed and put my hand over my face. "So, you're really not going to speak to me? I said that I was sorry alright! What you want me to do to make this right?" I asked her as she types out her answer on her phone, then shows it to me.

         "Reject me!' Really Nyla? No, I'm not doing that!" I shouted as she sighed and puts her headphones back in her ears. "You're so damn stubborn."

"Hey guys!" William said as he walked in with Evan and Ashley.

"What up." Nyla said to them, but they're not stupid they can tell that there is tension between us.

"Hey um, this is awkward." Ashley said to William.

"Who you telling? At least I don't see blood or knives, yet." William said.

"Hey, can I see?" Evan says and sits down besides Nyla.

"Whoa, you drew this? He looks familiar?" Evan asked Nyla, looking at her sketches.

"Yeah, I draw what comes to my head or in my dreams. Like this one, I've drew him before on a 50x40 canvas and sent it to my godfather/ uncle in Cairo." Nyla said and showed them the photo.

"Wow cool! Who's he? He looks familiar, your father?" Evan asked Nyla.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

She looked at the phone. "Oh, nope, that's my Godfather, David Rakiso." Nyla said. 

"Rakiso?! As in the David Rakiso is your godfather?!" William asked.

"Yeah why?" Nyla asked.

"He's one of the top business investors and one of the board members to the wolves council. Rumor is that he used to work for one of the first, yet oldest, ruthless Lycan families on the planet." Ashley said. Nyla was surprised.

"Really, like who?" She asked.

"The Nasier family." Ashley said as Nyla's eyes changed colors again, but this time it was a sky blue color. Then her eyes went back to normal.

"Sorry, Nasier? That name sounds familiar. You make it sound like they're the mob." Nyla said.

"They're much worse than the mob... We learn about them and others in from our elders in the pack. Their to be the first wolf pack, the founder of clans. Some were rumored to be gods or deities. Come to think of it Kaius and the rest of us was trained by one of the Nasier brothers." Evan said as Nyla sucked her teeth.