~>chapter five

eleanors pov

-'eleanors hotel room-'

It took me a beat before I responded, still shocked that he remembered and showed up at my room.

"Spence..you remembered." I said, taking a deep breath, trying to prepare to confess everything to him.

"I figured you still wanted to talk, even if we are in Atlanta. I-I can leave if you want." He said, looking down at his feet. God, he was adorable when he got awkward.

"No..I still want to talk. Come in" I said, smiling as he entered my room. Closing the door behind him, I walked back over to where I was sitting on my bed. He joined me, hesitantly sitting down next to me. Our thighs were touching, my entire body felt like it was on fire when we were close. It was like he awakened a feeling in me I didn't know existed. We sat in silence, staring at everything in the room except each other. I decided to break the tension;

"So..have you thought anymore about the red roses? Because I was thinking that maybe the unsub places them as an act of remembrance, like his parents died or something and it was his way of showing his love." I rambled, trying to avoid his eyes. I hoped that this would distract him from what we were actually going to talk about. When I did finally look at him, he was staring at me intensely, like he was trying to read my mind.

"Lea..I know that you did not ask us to meet to just talk about the case." He said, tilting his head slightly, like he was still trying to figure me out. I felt exposed under his glare, was I being profiled?

I regained control, deciding to just be confident and stop worrying about what would happen. I wanted him so bad, it was almost killing me. I needed to tell him how I felt, no matter his reaction.

"Spence.." I started, looking at him, my eyes switching focus from his eyes to his lips. I swear I could look at him forever like he was a treasured piece of art. "I realized recently that..that I don't want to just be your friend. I want to be more than that. You are all I think about spencer, honestly I just needed to tell you how I feel because it was eating away at me." I continued, rambling a bit at the end but I knew that he understood what I was saying. He looked slightly taken aback, taking a short intake of breath. We sat in more silence, staring at each other like we were the only people that mattered.

"Lea..I feel the same way. Honestly, I have had feelings for you since your first day at the bau. You were all that I thought about, I just..find myself being drawn to you. You are just incredible Eleanor." He said. Him calling me by my full name was..shocking, but that's how I knew he was serious. He meant every word that he was saying. I let go of the breath that I didn't know I was holding as he moved his hand to my cheek. He was looking at me, his eyes darting between my eyes and lips.

It wasn't until he started leaning in that I realized..he was going to kiss me.

My heart started to beat out of my chest, spencer reid was going to kiss me. He was so close to me that I could feel his breath hitting my lips, I almost started to relax when my anxiety started to kick in and I pushed him away. My thoughts running a million miles a minute, I wanted him to kiss me but also was it too soon? I didn't know much about him, I wanted to know more.

"I'm sorry spence, I really want to kiss you it's just..I think we should hold out for a bit. Let's take a beat, get to know each other a bit better." I said, not avoiding his gaze like I did before. I wanted him to know that I wanted to but it was too soon. He looked a bit hurt, but nodded and removed his hand from my face.

"It's alright, I understand. How about we get coffee or something once the case is over?" He asked, standing up. Oh god..I made things awkward.

"Sure, I'd love that." I said, standing up and giving him a hug. I could feel him tense up as I wrapped my arms around him, but slowly relax and wrap his arms around me as well. It felt good to touch him, to be close to him. After a minute, We let go of each other. I wanted desperately to keep holding on though. I walked spencer to the door, waving him goodbye before shutting the door behind him.

I smiled to myself, thinking of everything that just happened. I went to bed that night dreaming of him, god working with him is gonna be even more difficult more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT IS THE END OF PART ONE!! YESSSSSSS THEY ALMOST KISSED!!!

Y'all are not ready for part two omg, sooo much tension. It's gonna be great, I'm excited to start writing it. Remember to vote and comment, Let me know what you thought of part one!

xoxo forcebond