Chapter 4: Why me....?

Kyoka's POV

Sirens. That's all I heard. It was almost deafening, like my ear drums were going to burst any second now. And it's agony. I wonder if this is what it feels like to be dead. If I was only stronger, maybe I would be okay, maybe I would have defeated her. Make my parents proud, my school proud, my friends proud- well friend- Wait... Denki! Is he ok?! I haven't seen him since we were looking for Creati and then he... went. Oh God, what if he.......?!?!

"AaAhh!!" I scream almost jumping out of my skin. The sirens seemed to have silenced, meaning I can finally hear myself think. Wait... were am I? I look around the small room, white curtains, blue wallpaper, medical files? Recovery Girls room! "Kyo, you're awake! Finally, took you long enough!" I hear a man say, I swing my head around, It was Denki! But he looked... different, he looked hurt. He had a black eye and had scratches all over his arms and a big one on his right shoulder. Ouch...

"Are you okay?!" I scream once more. He just gave me his dumd goofy smile again "I'm okay Kyoka, I promise." Seriously this is okay!? "When we went out looking for Creati she kinda ended up finding me.. heh.. and beat me up pretty badly." I look at him dumbfounded, he calls this okay!? He looked at the ground as he lost his smile, he obviously wanted to say something.

"What is it, Kamanari?"

Denki's POV

My eye's widened. Kamanari? She only called me that when she was deadly serious, which was rarely since our friendship is mostly based on jokes. I didn't even know what to tell her first, she's already been through so much stress this year, grades, hero training and trying to tell her her parents she's- well- y'know. But regardless she does have to know, she deserves to know.

Kyoka's POV

"Denki!" I snap, he jolts backwards, falling off his chair. I swear, I love him like a brother but he needs to learn how to get to the point. "What. Happened." He got up from the floor and looked at me sympathetically. "Um-m w-well it wasn't just us who were attacked. Almost the whole school was a-and some people were hurt badly, really badly." My mind started to race, how badly? Were people killed?!

"How badly.." I was scared find out the answer to that, if people had died, I don't what I would do. "Mostly just scratches like mine, but the ones who fought back... like Bakugo. He had been shot in the leg, scratches on the arms and... was also shot in the stomach. The teachers said if you didn't step in when you did he could've...."

"Midoriya and the teachers helped to evacuate the school while we were fighting Creati." He continued, this was starting to get too much, like I was going to pass out again. "Everyone Creati fought had some kind of severe injury and had some blood taken out of us with a syringe, well.. almost everyone, Creati did show someone mercy." He looked down once more, what was taking him so long, this was starting to get annoying. "Who, Denki?"

"You, Kyo"

Eh?

Me, why me? Creati is known for hurting or even killing anyone who gets in her way! Did she just not see me as a threat? That can't be it, Dumb-Dumb-Pikachu over here couldn't even last a second against her and he's got scratches and wounds all over him!

So why me....?