I

The doctor frowned dejectedly as she strode back in through the doors of the TARDIS; Yaz, Ryan, and Graham trailing closely behind her

The doctor frowned dejectedly as she strode back in through the doors of the TARDIS; Yaz, Ryan, and Graham trailing closely behind her. She, for the first time in what felt like forever, wanted to be alone.

"Wait...Doc!" Panted out Graham running to catch up with the rest of the group, to no avail.

"But...you said we were going to go!"

"Well Fam..." began the doctor dismissively, walking away to the other side of the Tardis, not even sparing her companions a glance,                   

"Now we're not."

An awkward silence took over the TARDIS and with a sigh, the Doctor began to tinker (or at least pretend to) at the control box. Yaz Graham and Ryan each looked at each other in turn, having a silent debate about which one of the three was going to volunteer to say something.

Spoiler: neither Ryan nor Graham were willing to do so.

Hesitantly, Yaz placed her hands on her hips, before taking a step forward.

If no one else was going to say something then she would. It'd been like this every single week with the Doctor since they got back from Gloucester. At first, the doctor had claimed she was just tired from the consistent adventuring (which couldn't be any more out of character of the doctor) but it was starting to get ridiculous now.

"'why not?" She asked, lips pursed in a straight line,                               

"you've been promising that we'd go to Ibiza-12 for ages...why suddenly change your mind now?"

"Because I did. People change their minds all the time...that's something that happens with me and if you three can't handle that then maybe you're just not fit for space travel." Stated the doctor irritably in reply.     

Ryan let out a low whistle,

"Wow," he remarked to the other companions,

"someone's a bit cranky!" 

The Doctor bristled.                 

"I'm not cranky!" she snapped and the companions collectively winced at the reply.

The Doctor never shouted. At least not at them.

The Doctor sighed apologetically.

Even The Doctor could agree that she had, to put it simply, been rather on edge since the whole Judoon crisis in Gloucester. From finding out there was a whole other incarnation of her whom she couldn't remember, to Jack, to her dead home planet, she wasn't particularly feeling up to doing much of anything these last couple of weeks. She'd been having this looming feeling ever since...like something was coming for her...something bigger than any of this. Bigger than her.