Chapter 8

Warm hands are cupping my cheeks. Some sort of drops of liquid are felt on my skin.

Tears?

I confirmed my thoughts when I saw him crying and holding my face in his hands.

“Adad” I called him once again.

“Lim” Then he showed me his warm smile.

Adrenaline pushed myself to wrap my arms around him.

“Adad, I can’t believe that you are here.”

Warm tears started to flood my face. My hands started to tremble and I dared to touch his face. He felt real against my hands.

Adam is here. He is back.

“I’m sorry for leaving you Lim. I had to go for a while so I can stay with you longer. But I’m here now. I won’t leave again.”  He assured me.

“Where did you go Adad? You didn’t tell me.”

“I can’t tell you where Lim. But the only thing that you need to know is that this place is my home. You are my home.”

Slowly, he went nearer to me and as I thought he will kiss me on my lips, he moved upwards and kissed my forehead.

“You are my light Lim. You are my euphoria.” He whispered.

I closed my eyes as I smile and feel his warmth. I wished that he would stay by my side forever.

“Lim, hey Lim, are you okay? Why are you crying?”

I opened my eyes again to see Vritz worried face, his left hand touching my forehead to check if I have a fever.

I looked around the room and my eyes searched his face. He is gone. He left me again.

Was that just a dream?

I looked back again at Vritz. I was afraid to ask, but I know I had to.

“Where is Adad?”

Vritz just hugged me. He kept silent. And when I felt his hot tears on my back, I knew the answer. He is really gone.

“Adad is gone. He died two years ago. He saved you Lim”

Shocked? Maybe.

Bewildered? That was an understatement.

Maybe the appropriate term was devastated.

I was devastated to hear it. And I knew my heart was crushed into thousand pieces.

I stared back at Vritz. I tried to cry, but maybe the tears are not enough to express how I feel right now. I wanted to shout. But my throat was too dry. So, I just did what I can.

I mourned silently for his death. I was already too late. But I still mourned.
Vritz handed me my phone. I slowly tapped my fingers on the keyboard to find the answers.