English Classroom

Zane and Cole walked in right as the bell rang. Zane hurried over to his desk and got out his pencil, journal and notes packet they had been doing since last week. Cole walked over to his desk on the opposite side of the room from Zane. The teacher, Mr. Gerald, walked in and closed the door.

"Ok class, let's get to work. Everyone pull out your notes from yesterday." Zane already had all his things out while Cole was rummaging through his bag looking for his stuff. "Did he lose it again?" Zane rolled his eyes, Cole was ALWAYS losing his papers. Cole put his backpack down in defeat and raised his hand.

"What is it this time, Cole?" Mr. Gerald looked at him with annoyance. "I kinda lost my paper." "Again, Cole? You lost it again? Do you know how many copies I have had to make for you? Five, Cole. I've had to make FIVE copies and yet you have lost every single one of them. Why is that?" Mr. Gerald folded his arms in front of his chest and glared at Cole from his desk. Cole shrugged.

Mr. Gerald started going off on a rant about how "Kids these days have no respect" and "I don't get paid enough to deal with this". Cole looked over at Zane and Zane shook his head in dissapointment at him. Cole smiled and mouthed "Oh well". Zane was about to mouth something back to him when Mr. Gerald came up to his desk.

"You have the notes don't you, Zane?" Mr. Gerald stared him down, not blinking even once. "Uh yes sir, right here," Zane held up the packet. "Then you and Cole will have to share because I am tired of the disrespect," Mr. Gerald turned and glared at Cole, "from some people." Zane held back his laughter and started putting his stuff in bag. Mr. Gerald walked over to the whiteboard and wrote Cole's name down with a number one beside it. Zane got up, walked over to Cole and sat at the empty desk on his left. Cole smiled as he walked up. "What's up buddy?"