Chapter 1: Prince of the Ball One

Hello guys,
I'm happy to publish the first chapter of "The Dark D
escendant" for you all. This is the sequel to my previous story "Heart of a Mother" following the events from it. Now, while I strongly recommend that you all read "Heart of a Mother" before starting this (if you haven't yet), I have also written this little intro which summarizes the main events for all you new readers to understand the plot better. It's simply like a little narration presented by the main characters, which I thought would be fun. :)

Will: Hi, there. Before you start wondering what this is all about, let me tell you a few words about the last six months of our life. Believe me, they have been pretty hectic. Here's what happened.

Taranee: As her pregnancy progressed, Cornelia fell into a constant petulant mood, and that resulted in us fighting on several occasions. Meanwhile, the Heart of Kandrakar began acting freakishly, as if it was trying to tell Will something. (Heart of a Mother chapter 5) But when she tried to share her misgiving with our blond friend, Corny took it personally and lashed out at her. (Heart of a Mother Chapter 6)

Hay Lin: Before we could say 'evil sorceress' out loud, grandma caught Caleb's dad red-handed. It turned out that he had indeed been helping Nerissa break free of the magical volition chains which kept her imprisoned the whole time! Will's bad feeling had been well-founded. (Heart of a Mother chapter 12)

Irma: Yeah, however, our pink poopy perky pumpkin (Will), had taken a very lame decision not to tell us anything. She had only spoken to Taranee, and by the time the rest of us uncovered the truth it was too late- Nerissa was already free. Shortly afterwards and some other dull moves later, Nerissa was able to play us and have us exactly where she had wanted us. We were defeated by the wicked witch, and she could safely go ahead with her plan. (Heart of a Mother chapters 13&14)

Cornelia: To our dismay, it was revealed that Nerissa's actual plan, that she and Julian had been compiling for ten years, was to simply get back to him and win Caleb's love. She wanted a new chance to have her family and when she had heard of my pregnancy, she had known that the right time had come. Being Caleb's mother, she wanted to be a part of her son's life. (duhh, who wouldn't)

Will: And that was how Nerissa became a part of our everyday life again. This time forever, and to be honest, I wasn't quite ready to accept her just yet...

Irma: Nah, she wasn't, she was going through a rough period with mommy issues of her own.

Taranee: Irma!

Hay Lin: Some more time went by. Surely Nerissa didn't start loving us, but at least she wasn't trying to destroy us and conquer the Universe any longer.

Irma: As far as we knew, of course...

Taranee: Nevertheless, her old teammates, Halinor and Kadma, weren't too pleased with her breaking out of prison, for she had, as usual, achieved it all with deceit.

Cornelia: The ex-guardians declared war on Nerissa and resorted to a handful of meanness in an attempt to make her pay for her previous sins. Including my kidnapping! ( Heart of a Mother Arc. 2)

Taranee: Months went by, and as you can imagine, the events didn't slow down. So many things happened in Heatherfield, Meridian and Zambala, until a few weeks after Cornelia had given birth to her son, an unexpected twist made the former guardians reconcile and start living in harmony and friendship with each other and with the world around them.

Irma: We were under the impression that things were finally going to be fine, but nooo, I had to open my big mouth in front of the Oracle-