Adulting

Hey guys! Warning, there are spoilers to CAtU in this. Enjoy!

I know you don't know what I mean

But you're not going to know until you turn eighteen

It's called adulting!

- "Adulting" from Phineas and Ferb: Candace Against the Universe

Isabella could easily remember the first time she ever met Doofenshmirtz. They were on an alien planet together. How couldn't she remember?

The second time she had interacted with Doof was during the Pharmacist apocalypse. She hadn't really expected to see the scientist again, but there they were. And what made the encounter even weirder was that everyone was somehow turning into Doof.

The third time was brief. Some pistachio monsters had taken over the world and replaced everyone with look alikes. But they quickly put an end to that.

There was some distance between the third time and the fourth time.

A week after Isabella's sixteenth birthday. She stared wide eyed at what her mother put in her hand. She looked up from her hand to her mom, grinning. "Are you serious?" she asked, on the verge of squealing. Her mother nodded. Isabella took one more glance at the keys in her hand then threw her arms around her mom. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she shouted.

Isabella dashed out of the house as fast as she could. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of the deep pink car in the driveway. She circled it, her mouth wide open. Her hands hovered over the car hood. "Oh. My. Goodness!" she let out. She opened the car door open and took a seat inside.

She took hold of the steering wheel and took in a breath. Her mother stepped outside and stood next to the car. Isabella rolled down the window. "Thank you so much mom!" she said, a smile across her face.

Her mother smiled back. "Want to take it for a ride?" she said.

Isabella gasped. She nodded quickly and slipped the key into the ignition.

Taking her car, she drove around her neighborhood, just to get a feel for it. She went past Phineas and Ferb's house. She looked at it, deep in memory. She hadn't been going over there as often as she used to. She just couldn't find time with getting a job at the restaurant and the driving tests. And she was sure he was busy too, so it was probably for the best. She let out a sigh and went on driving.

"Wait! Buford! That's important!" she heard Phineas say from the backyard. A screw went flying through the air from their yard, rolling into the road. It was too quick for Isabella to stop in time, and the screw punctured her front tire.

She swerved a moment before realizing what had happened. She pulled over to the curb and got out of the car. Stepping out to the side, she clicked her tongue. There was a soft hissing as the air leaked out of the tire. "Dang it," she said under her breath. She put her hands on her hips and looked around for a solution.

A white, purple, and green truck pulled up behind her car. Printed on the side of the truck was the label D. . Isabella turned her head curiously. Out of the passenger side stepped Vanessa. She blew her bangs out of her face and stepped up to the Flynn-Fletcher residence. "Bye honey! Be safe!" someone called from the truck.

Isabella stepped up to the driver's window. "Doofenshmirtz? What are you doing here?" she asked, seeing it was him.

"Oh, I'm just dropping off Vanessa for her date," Doof said.

Isabella stopped a moment. She glanced back at the house. "Date?"

Doof nodded. "Yeah, with that Ferb kid," he said.