Corrupted Sanae and Reimu

It took a little while, and I managed to reach the foot of the Youkai Mountain. The shrine is already nearby, above a flight of steps.

I took a sip from my flask as I walked up, and after a while I reached the top. To my right is another extinguished bonfire, where I would conjure another ice statue of myself to mark my progress.

I took a seat on the ground in front of it, in a fetal position.

Is it really worth it? This whole journey, me killing off my friends, one by one?

"Where are you, Daiyousei?"

I missed her. I want this to be over with so I can be together with her again, but I don't know what would fate give me as of next.

After a while, I stood up, and went towards the shrine building. I attempted to open the door that leads inside, until...

"Well, well, well..."

I turned around, to see...

The Miko of this shrine that would occasionally try to 'exterminate' fairies and Youkai around the mountain, alike

The Miko of this shrine that would occasionally try to 'exterminate' fairies and Youkai around the mountain, alike. Kochiya Sanae... And next to her is the very person I was sent to find.

The distinctive red and white untraditional Miko attire, and that gohei... It is undoubtedly Hakurei Reimu.

Both of their eyes are glowing, as Sanae makes an ear-to-ear grin while Reimu remained expressionless.

"Darling, I guess we'll have fun torturing this ice fairy, just like how we did to that Greater Fairy..."

My ears perked up as I heard Sanae's words.

"You had Daiyousei!? Tell me, where is she!?"

"Ara? I thought you were looking for Reimu here... Too bad that she won't leave my side, because she's in my control now... My love slave!"

This girl is crazy. Well yeah, even before this incident she is kind off a coocoo in the head. Looks like the moon amplified that craziness to another level.

Conjuring my ice sword and shield, I took a stance and held the shield in front of me.

"You really want to fight me? You shouldn't. Reimu is mine, and mine alone."

She moved her gohei, and Reimu dashed forwards, to strike me with hers.

So she uses her so called lover as an attack puppet? I don't know if that kind of love is ethical or not.

She manages to strike me twice, but I bashed them off with the shield until she summoned her yin-yang orbs which then shatters the shield upon impact, knocking me a few feet back afterwards.

"Why won't you just give up and accept your fate? You're not getting her from me."

Sanae continued to taunt, as Reimu then fires off multiple lasers, which I froze mid-air, and sent them back to the sender.