Chapter 2

To be loved by you would be the greatest privilege 

***

Hazel sighed, growing increasingly aware of the deep sorrow burrowing its way into her chest. It was heavy, draining only enough life out of her to keep her cognizant of the troubles in her life. Taking her cup of coffee and blanket, she slipped on some boots to get the mail. Bills and more bills. The only thing stinky Bruce took out of the mailbox were the checks he got for Elliot and herself, which automatically meant a celebratory alcohol spree. Lastly there was a letter for herself from the Cullens.

Inside was a post card from Denali and a note written on the back. 

Our dearest Hazel, by the time you have received this we will already be back home. Carlisle rushed back as soon as he heard. We love you and will see you soon. Love, Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, Alice, Edward, Rose, and Snugglebear.

She laughed, walking back up to the porch and sat on the small swing. It was going to be another rainy day, as per usual in Forks, but it wasn't raining just yet. Taking out her latest book to read she sipped her coffee peacefully before she had to leave for the day. 

Seth was a nervous wreck. He was pacing around not sure what to do. A few days had passed since he had saw Hazel at the flower shop and he knew he had to see her again. It was making everyone crazy. 

"Dude, chill. I'll just go with you. Hazel and I are friends," Leah said in annoyance, just wishing for her brother to stop walking around the living room.

"How do you even know her?"

Leah looked up from her magazine. "I met her at the shop back when I was supposed to be ordering the flower arrangements for the wedding. Obviously that didn't happen," she mumbled. Not even 10 minutes after that she was being pushed out the door by Seth who was eager for any excuse to see his imprint. 

Walking up the gravel Seth began getting nervous, falling behind Leah a little bit to let her take the lead. Leah approached cautiously and waved her hand a little to get the girl's attention. She looked up and smiled at the sight of her friend. 

Oh god that smile.

"Hey Leah. What's up?" 

Oh god her voice.

"I was just wondering if you had that book you said I could borrow." 

Nodding, Hazel got up to get the book, returning with 2 and a plate with a cover over top. "This is the book I told you about but I know you're gonna finish it soon so I brought out the sequel to save you the trip later," she laughed. 

"Thank Haze. This is my brother Seth. You met him the other day." 

Hazel glanced at the boy hiding behind his sister curiously. "Nice to see you again. I made some cookie brownies last night. The recipe is on the bottom of the plate for your mom." She paused, knowing how sucky it is to hear the constant condolences one receives after losing someone important. Instead, she just reached out and grabbed Leah's hand. "If you need anything you know where to find me. You too Seth." 

"It means a lot," Leah spoke already feeling emotional. "And I'm sorry to hear about your brother. If you get lonely or he needs a buddy to visit just let me know." Hazel nodded, already itching to avoid anymore sad feelings creeping up on her.