Chapter 5

Today was the beginning of a new life, literally. My new schedule meant that I had to be at work for almost more than 12 hours a day. Which is in rhythm to Putins schedule. Of course it will change every week but I just can't believe how president Putin has survived such a challenge, I kinda feel bad for him but that's the kind of stuff a president should deal with.

I now start at 6.00 which means I have to go up extra early, which is a drag but I will get used to it. This morning though was a bit of a mess since I didn't plan it well but I got out all done anyway. I even put on some perfume since I knew I was going to meet a lot of new people, and first impression is really important.

I took the bus which was to my surprise almost empty. I had forgotten that I usually would take the bus when everyones work started. I arrived at a decent time - ten minutes before starting, and took the elevator up. It felt weird not greeting Nikki like I always would do every morning, but she doesn't start this early.

I greeted Mrs Ivanova who gave me some supplies like a paper holder and pens. I also got a keycard with some keys that meant I could enter pretty much anywhere in Kreml. Everyday I had to go down the hall to print out todays schedule but today Ivanova had already done that for me since it was my first day. I put the papers on my paper holder and went in to the President room.

''Goodmorning Mr President'' he looked up to me and gave me a soft gaze.

''Morning, It's your first day isn't? Are you nervous?''

''I mean yeah of course. It's gonna be a lot of new changes for me. Plus a lot of new people'' I frowned at the people part.

''You don't have to worry about the people.'' he said sitting more up on his chair ''You are working for me therefore you only need to impress me'' he smiled a little. I nodded and smiled while looking down.

I was so focused on the job that I had forgotten that we had a personal history. It was still gonna be a mystery for me wether he still saw me as that little girl he used to love or if he was just going to see me as an employee. After all Vladimir had always been a mysterious man, his feelings never being on the surface. Dad used to joke about how even if we would dissect him we would still have no idea what was going on inside of him.

''Now, when is my next meeting'' He obviously knew but was just casually testing me out. I looked at the schedule.

''The next meeting is at-'' he interrupted me

''No no, don't look through your papers. I want you to learn to remember our schedule inside your head. But since it's your first day I will let it pass'' He looked less soft now and more strict. I now understood that Putin was excellent at keeping his strict and disciplinary self even with me during our personal interactions. This meant no messing around.

''Yes of course, Vlad- I mean sir, 8 o' clock in the 11th meeting room'' DANG IT I slipped up, I always used to when I was in pressured situations. However no other person could get me in those situations more than President Putin. He looked at me with no reactions whatsoever. Just a cold facade.

''Sorry, sir''

He waited a second before getting up from his chair to walk around his desk.

''It's your first day, you will learn'' he walked past me. I immediately got up to follow him. It wasn't hard catching up to him, he walked in a smooth rate and I started walking next to him.

''We have time to kill so let's take a walk around so you can get to know Kremls most elite level'' I nodded to that.

The art style of the big corridors and halls were baffling. Nothing like the old level she used to work on. Every wall having golden prints with different art styles that was so detailed you almost thought you were on the gates of heaven. The many paintings that were hanging were of other Russian leaders that was meant to inspire people who walked passed to wanna become like them. I was captured by the beauty of the Kreml that I couldn't keep my eyes away, I just followed the silhouette of Putin. I started recognizing the art work, it brought a nostalgic feeling, then I saw the painting of Mikhail Gorbachev (Russian leader 1985-1991) and immediately knew where the nostalgia came from. But before I could remember I didn't notice the silhouette I was following had stopped walking, I walked into President Putin.