Chapter : 2 MATES....

Fauna's pov :-

When i came down all my family wished me.

"oh...my daughter you are looking so beautiful ...i am sure your mate will think of himself as a lucky one cause he got you! " mom squealed happily making me laugh..

"of course he will ! " zag said like a protective brother.

" right and... Remember if he doesn't treat you good tell me.. I will beat the hell out of him!! " dad said patting my head.

"okay dad.. " i replied smiling.

" will sister leave after she meet her mate?? " zig asked innocently with sad face.

Well there is this thing that we have to move in with our mates the day we meet them...

My mum picks zig up.
" oh ...dear, everyone does this because mates can't be separated. They are meant to be together and are inseparable...today your sister will find her other half and then soon you will too.. " mum explained to her which made her face lighten up.

"Really!? Then he will be my servant too! " zig yelled excitedly and we all burst in laughter..

This girl wants to make everyone her servant like a queen which she read in her fairytale books.

"yes , yes he will... Like your father is to me " mum replied to her.

" geez.....? All males are practically servants to their mates " dad said laughing.

"WILL i be a servant to my mate too? "
Zag asked scared.
" Yes you will be!!" zig shouted at zag scaring him more and their bickering started.

But Suddenly i smelt something delicious vanilla and foresty smell....

" HEY mom, dad do you smell this. Its too good " i asked them sniffing.
They all shot their heads at me.

" That's your mate dear go get him" mum said giving me a smile.

" B-But how do i find him? " i asked stuttering.

"just follow the scent and let your wolf help you " dad said pushing me out. My face brightened up and i dashed outside my house, i heard my mum saying something behind me.

" bring my son-in-law quickly! " mum said squealed happily. I just laughed and followed the scent, running.....
.....

.....

Author's pov :-

There near the lake stood davis throwing stones in the lake angrily.....

He was feeling this unsettling feeling since he woke up this morning which only increased when he got to know that its fauna's birthday today.

He knew this day would come.... When she will find her mate. But couldn't digest it.

" Man...? Forget about her. Your mate is waiting for you to find her.... Its been a year and you still haven't found her, yet " Ryan, Pack's future delta and davis's best friend said

Daivs growled at the thought of someone being his mate who is not the one he wants.....
Ryan sighed heavily .

"you know what I know a witch who can help you. She will do her magic and make fauna your mate " ryan said making davis look down at him as ryan is siting on the ground with his legs crossed.

As davis was about to ask him something ryan stopped him.

" only if both of you agree.. " ryan said not wanting davis to raise his hopes up for nothing.

Davis knew fauna would never agree to do be his.
He once overhead her conversation with her friend. He heard how she adored her mate when she didn't even knew who he is. He also heard her saying that she will love him no matter who he is, she doesn't care if f he is just a mere farmer, a warrior or no matter how low or up his rank was she will accept him.

" maybe you should tell her about your feelings even if you both can't be together. Am sure you will feel better"
Ryan said playing with the grass.

" None sense i have liked her as long as i can remember " davis said picking up a stone a throwing it in the lake.

" so .....what will you do then?? " ryan asked him.

" i don't want to see her if that's what keeps her happy.. " davis replied gritting his teeth in anger. Ryan stood up pissed.

"oh! Come on buddy you can't avoid her all your life and live
heartbroken." ryan yelled at his friend.
He didn't reply but started sniffing the air when he smelt a beautiful smell of flowers and strawberries.

" Do you smell this? " davis said closing his eyes making ryan
face-palm himself....

" That's your mate, man.... ?" ryan whispered but davis still heard it.

Davis's face paled not knowing how to react, the smell was faint but was getting stronger each second. He didn't knew why but this scent enchanted him and pulled him towards it.

The mate which he didn't even wanted to see now he wanted to see her once out of curiosity. He took off following the scent.

" H-hey wait i will also come!! " ryan shouted running after davis.

.....

.....

Davis reached the centre of the pack where a medium sized fountain is. Davis stopped keeping his gaze down as he saw a pair of foot stop in front of him.

They both didn't looked up just stared down at each others's shoes, not daring to look up . One too shy to do so and one too scared to face the reality and someone who was standing there with a wide open mouth trying to believe what he is seeing is  whether true or not..... Finally ryan shook himself out his surprised state.

" Man....? I think you should really see who your mate is...??"ryan managed to say this but this made davis frown his brows and slowly looked at his mate who is staring down with a grin plastered on her lips.

Her brown and golden hairs glowed under the sunlight. Her perfect fitting off-shouldler dress clutching her curves beautifully, her short hight making her look too small compared to davis's massive and muscular body.
Davis's breathe hitched as he admired her.

" ..fauna..............? " her name left davis's mouth unknowingly . The girl looked up at him with her beautiful purple eyes.

Both of their wolves howled in happiness having their first eye contact which confirmed that they indeed are mates.

Davis broke the eye contact and looked up in the sky as the tears of happiness appeared in his eyes.

He thanked moon goddess heartily.

" No, no it can't be! You can't be my mate! " fauna shouted.

' oh come on stop your drama. I finally got you as my mate , now you are saying it can't be ' davis thought rolling his eyes.

"oh baby, it can be ....nothing is impossible " davis said smirking making fauna srunch her nose in disgust.....

Ryan sighed deeply....

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's the second part don't forget to vote and comment to get a faster update...

Anyway,
Thanks for reading....!