now i'm sure that it's true; //

none of us talked or moved as my mother stood up and walked out. only when the door slammed loudly did the first tear roll down my cheek. kei instantly rushed towards me, enveloping in a hug.

i couldn't stop shaking. my vision was blurry and my head was aching. every muscle in my body felt sore. . . i was just so fucking tired.

tired of my life, tired of being alive. everything i did only lead to a truckload of pain. i had nothing left to live for, but i just clung on anyway.

"shh. . . it'll be okay. you have us." my better half's voice brought me back to reality, almost as if he could read my mind.

"tadashi honey, you're welcome to stay with us as long as you need." i gave tsukki's mother a weak attempt at a smile.

"yeah, we'd love to be your new family," akiteru added. his grin was genuine as he said, "you were already part of it, anyway."

"thank you all. so much." my voice was unrecognizable; it sounded feeble and broken, in a sense.

"anytime." akiteru yawned, then apologized. "i'm going to call it a night, if you guys don't mind."

"yes, me too," agreed tsukki's mother. "oyasumi!"

"oyasumi," we wished back.

---

"don't believe anything your mother said, tadashi. you're perfect to me no matter what." we were now in kei's room, cuddling under the covers. i couldn't get enough of him.

it's not like i had anything to be concerned about, anyway. but my mother's words kept ringing through my head.

the love that we shared had felt wrong, and now i was sure that it's true.

but still i replied, "thanks. i love you so much."

"i love you more than i could ever begin to explain." his eyes shined. the glint in them reminded me of the stars.

that was because of me.

the next hour was just a blur.

he shifting our positions so that he was on top, his face mere centimeters away from my own. i could hear my heartbeat getting louder with every second of the deafening silence.

"i'll only do it only if you're okay with it," he said quietly, pressing his lips against mine and pulling back again. "i know a lot has happened today."

i swallowed, not meeting his eyes as i nodded. tsukki tenderly took hold of my chin, forcing me to make eye contact. every moment he made seemed to be sweet and loving, despite what we were doing. "will it be your first time?"

"yeah," i managed to get out, my cheeks heating up, "but i still want to." that caused a small smile to appear on his mouth.

"i'll be gentle. promise." that was the last thing i remembered until i was whisked away to blissful oblivion.