even though i can't compare, //

we went to school the next day as usual, and tsukki was paying way more attention to me.

i appreciated it- he was really trying.

i felt bad for complaining. he was probably only spending time with me because he didn't like my whining.

i can't compare to him. despite all his words from yesterday, it was impossible to believe that it was possible to love someone like me.

"yama?" he questioned, grabbing hold of my hand.

i looked up at him, putting a smile on my face. "sorry, zoned out."

he smiled back, squeezing my palm. "well, we're here." we had reached the entrance of karasuno.

"we still gotta get to the gym," i said, checking my phone for the time. we had five minutes before daichi yelled at us in the group chat to get our asses to practice.

tsukki nodded. we made it two minutes early, and for good measure.

kageyama and hinata arrived out of breath ten minutes after us.

"it was bakageyama's fault," hinata said.

"boke hinata boke!" kageyama hit the back of hinata's head.

"ow!" the shorter one yelped.

daichi and suga both had their arms crossed. "where were you?!"

"we were supposed to start ten minutes ago!"

"mom and dad are mad," noya whispered to tanaka, but both of them stopped laughing when they caught suga's death glare.

"we're not your parents, we're only one- or two-" daichi meaningully glanced to hinata and kageyama, "years older, so act like it."

"sir yes sir," tanaka saluted. noya was trying his best not to laugh.