Chapter 1:

Ariana (Ria)

"Babe how 'bout this one?" I asked picking up a dress off the rack of dresses.

"Yeah-yeah get it." Marcus replied nonchalantly.

"But I kinda like this colour though. What do think?" I turned around so I could face him. I raised the two dresses that I liked so he could help me choose but he wasn't even paying attention. He'd been standing behind me typing away at his cellphone the entire time.

"Oh my God Marcus are you serious. Can you not go a day without being on your damn phone?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry babe your right." He responded as he slipped his phone into his dark True Religion jeans pocket. " The red looks good. But I think you'd look better in nothing at all." He whispered into my ear before kissing my forehead.

"Marcus, stop it." I blushed.

"What! it's true. A body like yours don't need to be hidden." He spoke grabbing a handful of my butt in the process.

"No I'll wear clothes, thank you very much." I laughed removing his hand before anyone saw.

"True cause I don't wanna have to kill a nigga for staring at what's mine."

" Whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes then giggled.

"How about I take you out to dinner tonight?" Marcus asked.

"That'll be nice."

"Good just be ready by 7 then."

"OK. Where are you taking me?" I inquired.

"You'll find out when we get there later today," I watched as Marcus' lips curl into a deviously sultry smirk, "Now let's go over to my favorite store." He pulled me towards the cash register.

"Footlocker?" I asked while the lady rang up all the stuff I had.

"Nope."

"McDonald's?" I asked pulling out my credit card only for him to snatch it out of my hand; only to hand the cashier his black card. I'd usually protest when something like this happens but I know it would have been no use.

"Tha fuck? No, Victoria Secrets so you can try some lingerie on for daddy." He smirked and grabbed the bags  while I smacked my lips.

⏪|⏩*****

" Let me get that fa' you." Marcus pulled out my chair.

"Thank you for getting my chair and for taking me out to dinner Marcus."

"No need to thank me ma'. You acting like this the first I done something like this for you?"

"No it's not I'm just happy, happy to be here, out in the open; not in the backseat of your car, a hotel room, stuffed up in my condo or sitting in the back of a dark ass movie theater." I deliberated.

"So what you're tryna say is, I don't take you out?" He gave me a sharp look.

"No, that's not what I'm tryna say. You do take me out.... just rarely." I said the last part more like a whisper. The Small table that was set for two, was located to the back of the restaurant. I regretted saying what I did because it left the table blanketed by silence; a rather uncomfortable silence. 

"So what are you getting?" I asked in attempts of breaking the silence between us. 

"I don't know yet. Whatchu' getting?" he replied while looking through his menu.

"Probably the stuffed chicken breast. How about you?"

"Cool, that sounds good but I'm digging the steak riigh now." He finally decided on what to go with as the waiter approached our table.
........