3

MARCUS POV

I close my eyes sending a prayer up to God hoping Kaitlin is in the parking lot with Grace's car. I look at the boy next to me. He is staring at me, his coco brown eyes curious. His dark brown hair is a curly mess and is covering the right side of his eye a little, but he doesn't move it away. He is dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. He looks normal enough. Why the hell is here at this hour? Why did he even get involved? My eyes scan his body and I notice streaks of drying blood on his arms. I look down at my own hands and see that there is blood on them. I wipe my hands on my shirt. How crazy must I look right now? Whatever. I don't have time for this. I'm tired.

I start walking towards the park parking lot. After a few steps, I realize I don't hear the boy following me. I turn to see him kneeling down next to the asshole checking his pulse. I roll my eyes. Is anyone really going to miss that piece of trash? I shake my head at the thought. Maybe I went too far but I couldn't help it. Once the rage starts, I just.....ugh. Get it together, Marcus. I look back up at the boy who is now talking on the phone. Is he calling the cops? Great. Just turn me in why don't you. I continue towards the parking lot reinforcing my prayer to God that Kaitlin and the car are still there.

When I reach the edge of the lot, sure enough, Grace's car is gone. The parking lot empty, save for another car that I am assuming is the boy's. I stare angrily at the sky. Fuck you too, God. I kick at the ground on the verge of losing my temper again. I take a deep breath, as I hear footsteps behind me. Let me just get out of here and away from this park.

"The man is alive. I called the police so they can send an ambulance," the boy says next to me. He is staring at me, a curious look on his face. I frown. I hope he doesn't think I am staying, waiting for them to lock me up.

Nope. That's dead.

I start walking away.

"I wiped the bottle so your fingerprints aren't on it," he says.

I turn around so fast it takes a second for my eyes to focus on the boy. I raise my eyebrows. Why the hell would he do that for me? I narrow my eyes at him. Most people would have left me to fend for myself. Grace probably would have if she saw how I lost control and turned all dark. Hell! My own mother abandoned me and got the hell out of dodge. My eyes widen. Is this boy crazier than Grace? I didn't think that was possible......Yep, time to go. I just shrug at the boy and start my long walk back to the south side of town. I didn't bring any money for the bus or train.

I groan. It's going to take hours. I start trying to calculate how long it will take me to walk back, my yawn breaking my thoughts. I'm so tired, I whine internally. Thanks Kaitlin. You deserve mother of the year.

"Aren't you going to thank me?" the boy yells after me. His eyes are wide and he looks pissed.

I furrow my brows. "For what?"

"I don't know? Maybe saving you from a homicide charge?" he says throwing his arms in the direction of where the guy's body is still lying.

I rub the back of my neck as my cheeks heat up. Duh, Marcus. I still can't understand why the boy is even still talking to me. "Thanks, I guess..."

The boy shakes his head, his dark curls falling in his eyes again. He walks towards his car, unlocking the doors. I shrug and continue towards the exit, yawning again.

Wait.

I look back at the boy and then at his car. There's an idea. I quickly walk past him to the passenger side and get in the car closing the door behind me. I sink into the cool leather seats. This feels nice. I poke the material. And expensive. The door opens back up and the boy grabs my arm pulling at me, his coco eyes furious. I feel a slight shake in the hand that is pulling at my arm. Is he scared of me? My heart sinks at that. He finally drops my arm as I don't budge.