Chapter 4 <> Super Player

Am I okay?

|Karasuno gymnasium, 5:23 PM|
|Koyagime|

I quickly rose to my feet in panic and began backing away slowly. I promised to myself I wouldn't show my volleyball side to anyone except for my family and I broke that. My siblings looked shocked the most among everyone because they both knew of the promise I made.

"You good Koy-" spoke up Kageyama before I cut him off, rather rudely. "I'm fine! I-I'm perfectly fine. Just excited and I lost my footing when I landed, sorry for making everyone so worried." I bowed when I finished my possibly unnecessary apology. Nobody spoke so I peaked up, everyone's faces relaxing.

"As long as you're oka-" said Daichi before Hinata cut him off, speaking at a fast pace and not giving me any personal space. "How did you do that?! When did you learn to jump so high even though you're really short?! Can you teach me!!?!"

"I- well- uh-"

"Calm down Hinata, we'll talk about this later." Said my sister thankfully. She had her hand on his shoulder and he seemingly calmed down. I mouthed a "thank you" to her and redirected my attention to everyone else in front of me. "I promise I'm fine, just excited." I paused a little before continuing. "I'll tell everyone in my own time, b-but don't count on it."

Everyone seemed satisfied with my words so we all dispersed, beginning to put away the volleyball supplies. Unfortunately Tsukkishima was right next to me, grabbing any volleyballs Hinata spiked for fun. The awkward silence between us was deafening and I hated it. Luckily for me, he was the one who broke the awkward tension. "Another pipsqueak that can jump high, just what we needed."

"I-I'm not a pipsqueak, you're just really tall." I muttered the last bit, turning away from him and looking down at the shiny wood of the gym.

"Trust me I know how tall I am, and compared to you and carrot top, both of you are little pipsqueaks at the end of the day." I wanted nothing more than to wipe that smug face off of him when I looked up again to see his face.  "I know I'm short, you don't have to rub it in."

"I won't rub it in, just a small reminder of our differe-" I cut him off by jumping to his height so that we would be eye to eye, grabbing his shoulder for the short amount of time I was in the air. "I may be short, but I can jump to your height, and even higher." I held a serious tone and a serious face, which left him surprised.

I landed on my feet and looked at him one last time before turning away, looking at everyone's faces of shock before walking into the storage closet to put the volleyballs away. I heard a few people behind me before I turned on my heel, walking out the closet and towards the bench I was previously at.

Everyone else was conversing with each other as I sat back down, keeping to myself again, as usual. Once everyone was done I was quickly surrounded again, which made me uncomfortable. "W-why is everyone near m-me again?"

"You said you'd tell us how you're able to jump so high, so please!!?" Hinata nearly jumped on me, but Tokei held him back. I inhaled sharply before speaking again. "I just have r-really strong legs?"

"What?!"

Everyone spoke in unison, not believing my obvious lie of an answer. I only became more nervous and sweaty with each passing second. How was I going to tell them?!