The ever honest sunshine

Here is the Kuromahi part of Dr Faust's weird potions: truth serum. Mentions of Gear and Yutarou, but no huge spoilers

Kuro yawned as he made himself comfortable in cat form and on Mahiru's shoulder, which made the brunette complain about his antics.

-" Hey, don't go to sleep, we're almost there." He said frowning, but the kitty wouldn't budge.

"Can't deal... everyone was particularly lively tonight, they drained me of all my energy."

Mahiru sighed but gave in, as Kuro definitly wouldn't put more effort than he already did. It wasn't like he minded, too, since it had become part of their routine.

-"Fine, fine. You did behave earlier, so I guess I can let this one slide. Still, if you're really that tired, maybe we should report the gaming session to tomorrow." He teased, making Kuro cry out.

"Geez, you can be evil sometimes..." He said, hopping on the ground and reverting to his 'human' form. "There, I will walk. Happy?"

The younger one grinned, "Very. I'm proud of my servamp. "

Kuro liked the praise, but it was a little embarassing and still foreign to him. Mahiru was the first person to treat him this nicely so he was often at a loss when they interacted. With a hint of blush, he faced the road and muttered, "Don't make such a big deal out of it..."

Mahiru's smile grew wider as he caught up with his partner. "My bad, I didn't mean to embarass you. I just wanted to enjoy the walk with you, since it's nighttime. Talking to you as a cat is fine, but I prefer this form if we're going to have a real conversation. "

"You're so brutally honest I could die..." Kuro said scratching his cheek, while Mahiru sweatdropped. "That's excessive!"
However, the servamp had a tiny smile, as well. "Just as usual, though."

Mahiru blinked while feeling heat rise to his face. If Kuro wasn't used to compliments, he tended to value his words more than anyone's. Probably even more than his uncle's, which meant a lot.

-"Well, you know what I think. Simple is best, and honest is simple."

The vampire had to nod. This way of thinking had put them in trouble in the past, sure, but in the end he was glad Mahiru was this kind of human. "Yeah, I know. Though I'd prefer you at least be more wary of strangers in the future. That would save me some effort."

"Right. Sorry, Kuro." Mahiru chuckled. "I will try." The brunette offers him a smile so bright he has to turn away, and he quickly changes the subject.

"What should we play once we get home?"

"Anything you want." Mahiru answered immediatly, "I promised you we could stay up late, since I'm on a holidays. We can even try the ones Yutaro-san sent us from England."

Kuro seemed to consider it for a brief moment before replying, "Nah, the user instructions aren't available in japanese and I don't feel like explaining. Let's play Mario Kart."

Mahiru was a little annoyed with this answer, because if he had to wait for Sleepy Ash to feel motivated the games would likely stay packed forever. "Do I have to cheer on you every time you have something a tad bit inconveniencing to do?"

The cat didn't think twice before replying this time. "Being cheered by Mahimahi sure would be helpful, yes." Only when he heard the brunette try to stiffle his laughter did he realize he said that out loud.

"Looks like you can be awfully honest, too." The boy said without mockery, shaking his head slightly in the process. " Well, if it's only that, I can do it without fail. "