Feverish pt. 2

A/N: So I changed the book cover as you can see- It's not the best, but at least it's slightly better than what I did in Wattpad's cover maker program from before LMAO

But all of that aside, thank you so much for the recent support! I'm pleasantly surprised to see how many people actually continued to read this despite the fact this isn't very polished and it's just a guilty-pleasure hobby lol

Whether it's just to laugh at this or genuine enjoyment for this small project, I wanted to let you guys know that the recent attention like the comments and votes do make me very happy, so thank you all very much! <333

With that out of the way, here's part 2!

...

...

"Haah... hah..."

Liang's throat felt like they were on fire-- even breathing was becoming painful at this point. He couldn't tell where he was, his vision blotted and blurry, but he didn't want to at the moment.

His entire body was aching with a dull sensation of soreness, though the most excruciating agony he had been feeling was in his skull. It felt like his brain wanted to pop out as pressure built up in his head. It felt like the moment he tried to move, he was compelled to spew out more bile from his mouth, so he stayed put for his own comfort.

"This... is really bad..."

Everything was irritating him, the fact that he knew that he had fallen and looked, undeniably, pathetic in front of the others, but also how his body refused to cooperate. At this point, he simply longed for this to be a dream, that his humiliation and pain was all just part of his mind playing tricks on him. Not only that, there was something else that was mocking him from beyond all of that.

Though he couldn't hear very well, the noises around him muffled and distorted, to him they all sounded annoying. Their pitches of their tone and their volume were only making his headache worsen, the throbbing in his head increasing immensely. He hated his discomfort and how powerless he felt that he couldn't stop it.

Through his blurry vision, he could make out some colors. Ah, there was a cold shade of teal. He had to feel sorry for that one, as it seemed to have frantically waved itself in front of him. And there was a pale-green hue bouncing in front of him as well, which seemed to have also been the source of most of the annoying harsh noise. "How stupid.." Liang could only think to himself.

Then, it seemed that a grey figure bumped into the scene. He, too, seemed quite pitiful to Liang, as he was also moving around quite erratically. Ah, his vision was beginning to falter. At this point, he couldn't hang on any longer to reality. However, there was one last thing he saw.

He couldn't make out the figure as well as the others, only that it annoyed him. It leaned in closer to him, urging him to resist and move away despite his head hurting. As soon as it gently touched his forehead, he then relaxed.

"Cold..."

It then cradled his head, and before he knew it, he was off the ground. By that point, he decided just to call it a day and closed his eyes. Before he finally succumbed to the dark bliss of sleep, a soft voice called out...

".. You..."

-----------------------------------------------------

"You fucking idiot."

You leaned over the small basin, your hands immediately tingling with numbness from the cold water as you violently dunked the white towel in and out of it before pulling it out. Wringing it with such force, you could swear that the towel would have ripped in your hands if you weren't also trying to hold back the rest of your irritation and anger.