Five

Yo wasn't tired for once, not with Pha lying next to him in his bed and gazing at him with heartfelt adoration and love in his eyes. Yo gazed back, a shy but happy smile on his face. Maybe other people would be freaking out and having tantrums over a vampire claiming them as their Fated One. But Yo had always been the odd one out. People had bullied him throughout school for being a nerd, calling him a freak and a faggot when they discovered he was bisexual.

They shared sweet little kisses from time to time, content to merely lie in each other's embrace in the darkened room. It was after nightfall, around dinnertime, but all Yo wanted to do was stay in Pha's arms. He'd never felt so safe, completely protected. He knew nothing would happen to him with Pha around.

A gentle kiss on the tip of his nose made him giggle and squirm closer to Pha.

"What're you thinking about?"

Yo hummed, resting his ear against Pha's chest to listen to the steady heartbeat. "Maybe I should be freaking out over everything...but I can't. It feels too right like this."

Pha chuckled and kissed the top of Yo's head. "It does feel right. I never want to let you go."

"I don't want you to let me go, either," Yo tipped his head back invitingly.

Pha kissed him slowly, thoroughly, making Yo feel like he'd been drugged with something amazing. He hungrily kissed Pha back, opening his mouth for a deeper kiss. They made out for a few minutes, until a ringing phone broke them apart.

"Is that my phone?" Yo looked over his shoulder at his phone. He was annoyed about having to stop kissing Pha.

"No, little one," Pha murmured, brushing a light kiss over Yo's jaw. "It's mine." He pulled his phone out. "Hello, Ming? What do you have to report?"

Yo teased Pha with little kiss planted along his jaw, nibbling here and there. Pha gave him an indulgent smile.

Then he sat up, displacing a displeased Yo. "What."

"Hey," Yo complained, sitting up with Pha and wrapping his arms around Pha's middle.

Pha absentmindedly rubbed Yo's back with his free hand. "You're sure? They saw her near the campus?"

Yo stiffened. Suphat! It had to be her.

"I'm not taking a chance this time, and you shouldn't, either. Take your human to the safe house. I'll be there with Yo." Pha rolled his eyes. "Yes, Yo. You'll get to formally meet him when we get there. Hurry, before she finds him again." Pha hung up the phone. "Yo-"

"She's coming for me, isn't she," Yo said calmly. His mind was anything but calm, running in every direction at once. He was terrified that this vampire woman would find him again and separate him from Pha.

Pha would be all alone again.

"Shh, calm down, sweetheart. I'm here. I won't let her find you."

Yo hugged Pha tighter. "What if she hurts you, P'Pha??"

"She won't. She made a mistake when she changed me into a vampire the way she did. We're both purebloods and too evenly matched. Plus, I have Ming and Tarn on my side. The three of us together will bring her down."

"I wish I could help you," Yo whispered.

Pha kissed him gently. "You help me by surviving, Yo. I want you to live."

Yo said nothing, just kissed Pha back.

XXX

"What gives you the right to kidnap me??!" Kit dashed down the stairs, trying to run away from that stupid handsome guy trailing after him. "Go away!"