Eleven

Yo knew his brother wouldn't be happy about him having a boyfriend. Not because it was a boy he was with, but because Yo was still in university. However, there was no way in hell Chai would ever be able to make Yo break up with Pha. Never in a million years.

"I don't approve," Chai said firmly.

Yo shrugged. So he didn't approve. So what? That didn't mean anything to Yo. Pha was his Fated One, the one born just for Yo, like Yo was born just for him. They were meant to be since before time began.

"You aren't to date him anymore. Break up with him right now."

"No."

Chai's eyebrows skyrocketed. "No? Did you just say no?"

Yo folded his arms, keeping Pha behind him. "Did I stutter? You may be my older brother, and I'm grateful to you for taking care of me after our parents died, but that doesn't mean you have the right to dictate when and who I can date. Even though you say no and tell me to break up, that doesn't mean I will."

"Yo," Chai frowned. What was going on with his little brother?? "How old is this guy? And why am I only hearing about him now??"

"We started dating not that long ago," Yo frowned right back. "I don't remember the exact date. And why do you need to know his age?" He shook his head. "Age is just a number."

"Are you in university?" Chai asked Pha, still very unhappy.

Pha politely answered with, "I'm the new university doctor."

Chai was triumphant. "So he's too old for you!"

"He's only twenty-six," Yo said flatly. "Six years. Big whoop. There were eight years between mom and dad, and I don't hear you saying anything about them."

"That's different. Mom and dad were our parents."

"And? Is that supposed to mean something to me?"

"Yo!"

"No, P'Chai. You've said your piece. And you've seen me. I think you'd better go."

"Yo," Chai's voice gentled. "What's going on? I saw you a month ago, and you weren't like this."

Yo was silent for a moment. Then he said, "You can say I've awakened to my real self. This is who I am, P'Chai. And I'm not changing back to the old Yo."

XXX

Chai didn't leave. He insisted on staying in the house and keeping an eye on the interaction between Yo and Pha. Yo put his foot down when Chai tried to separate the two when bedtime came around. Chai wasn't his father, nor his guardian anymore. Yo would do as he pleased. He'd lived most of his life trying to make others happy. Now it was his turn to be happy, especially now that Suphat was no longer around to try to kill him.

"P'Pha," Yo sighed as the vampire kissed his neck lovingly. He tipped his head to the side, giving Pha better access. "Ah..." he breathed as fangs gently sank into his neck, pleasure spreading through him like a flower blooming, each petal prettier and more colorful than the last. "That feels so good..."

Pha pulled back to kiss Yo. "It feels good just being here with you."

Yo looked up at him with half-lidded eyes. "I won't do as my brother says. I won't break up with you."

"You won't, hm," Pha smiled.

"No. You're stuck with me this life, and every life after."

Pha's smiled widened. "I'm glad to hear that."

Yo pulled Pha back down for another kiss. Thanks to his magic, he could feel his brother pacing around the room given to him just down the hall, then leaving it and looking for Yo. Great...he's going to throw a fit when he finds us like this.