Nine

Kit's hand kept gliding up, fingertips lightly touching his neck where Ming had bitten him. It tingled every time his fingers brushed against it, and he had the uncontrollable urge to smile, feeling giddy that he had a boyfriend now. Or was he Kit's lover? Boyfriend didn't seem appropriate enough to call Ming. What they had was so much stronger, deeper. Their connection spanned lifetimes and hundreds of years.

Yo eyed him with a disgruntled look. He didn't think it fair that Ming and Tarn had had sex with Kit and Toey already, yet Pha was putting Yo off every time he tried to seduce the vampire. His excuse was Yo was still too weak from what Pring had put him through, and Pha didn't want to hurt him. He sighed and looked back out the window.

"Something wrong?"

Yo shrugged at Kit's question. Not like I can tell him, 'It's not fair Ming fucked you already. I want P'Pha to fuck me, too.' He'll make fun of me.

Kit was suddenly blocking his view. "Don't just shrug at me, rude. Something's wrong, and I want to help."

"Kit," Yo looked up at him, sad and pathetic. "Why won't P'Pha take me to bed?"

"Uh..." Kit blanked. He hadn't expected this to be what Yo was thinking about.

"Ming and Tarn didn't wait. You and Toey slept with them as soon as you were ready. Is something wrong with me? Does P'Pha not want me that way?" Yo was feeling very emotional after purging Pring's blood from his system for nearly twenty-four hours, and tears were soon spilling down his cheeks. He sniffled and burrowed deeper into the blanket he'd wrapped himself in.

Kit's heart broke at how forlorn his friend looked. The front door opened and he heard the voices of his own Fated One and Yo's, talking quietly. He marched towards the door, ignoring Ming's greeting, and smacked Pha on the arm.

"You bastard!"

Ming's jaw dropped in shock. He'd never seen anyone treat Pha like that, especially not a human. He glanced nervously at Pha.

"How dare you! Yo thinks you don't really want him, and is in tears in the living room!"

Pha was gone before Kit finished his sentence.

Kit huffed, folding his arms. "Rude. He'd better not make Yo cry again." Then he turned to Ming. A shy smile spread across his face. "Hi."

Ming swallowed back a laugh. "Hi, Kit."

Kit peered into the bag Ming held. "What is that?"

"KitKats," Ming held up a package of the chocolate covered wafers.

"What..." Kit narrowed his eyes at the candy bars. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Be my chocolate coated wafer?" Ming wiggled the package teasingly, chuckling at how red Kit's cheeks had gotten.

Kit rolled his eyes. "You are such a child."

XXX

"Yo, please, baby, look at me."

Yo ignored Pha's pleading, head turned so he could keep looking out the window.

"You were so sick, and you're still recovering. I didn't want to make it harder on you."

Yo scoffed wordlessly. He still didn't look at Pha.

Pha sighed to himself. He was used to his Fated One being stubborn over things, since he'd been like this in every life except the first. Pha had no idea if Weizhe was as stubborn as Yo or not. He hadn't known the boy's original incarnation very long.