Prologue

The loud sounds of footsteps echoed in the empty hallways, bouncing against the walls and creating an orchestra of footsteps. The dark corridors of the building shielded the aged grey coloured walls from view. But the person running through the halls knew better. The entire building was practically engraved in his mind and he knew every secret that hid behind those walls.

Saluting the people guarding the entrance to the main hall, the boy rushed past them. He looked around making sure that no one was aware of his movements in the almost deserted place. He walked over to a barren wall and quickly observed its texture. Confirming that that was the location that he was headed for, the boy placed his hand on the wall. The brick wall rumbled and dust fell from its movements. Cobwebs clung to the gap and tore with the opening of the passage.

Soon, a brightly lit hallway was revealed with burning torches lining the walls with even gaps. The boy walked down the hallway, the heat of the torches casting a red glow on his face. His footsteps echoed throughout the passageway making him question whether he was alone or not. He was making his descent into another hallway that was very, very dimly lit. There was a small opening on the roof of the passage through which a thin shaft of light illuminated the room.

Finding his way through the tunnel was hard enough but when the cavity through which the light streamed in closed up, he was literally stuck.

"Shoot! Someone must have stepped on the gap in the main room!" The boy exclaimed, his deep voice reverberating through the halls still unheard by other people.

The boy blinding groped along the long corridor until his foot hit a stone. He slightly lifted his leg caressing its smooth surface. He immediately recognized that it was a step and when he was about to begin his ascent, light streamed into the room and eradicated the darkness. The boy quickly glanced over his shoulder and climbed the steps to be stopped by a wooden door. The steps had no railings and if he were to lose his step, he'd fall off the steps onto the hard concrete floor below and crack his head open. Even with his powers, the boy was powerless in this dim light and his suit that clung to his body was proving to be a nuisance in this environment. It was somewhat limiting his movements, something that it wasn't supposed to do.

"Almost there..." Mumbled the boy, beads of sweat running down his neck from exhaustion.

Making sure that the hinges of the door didn't creak, the boy slowly opened the door and was blinded by the artificial light brightening the room. Shielding his eyes from the harsh light, the boy climbed into the space held shielded away from anyone but him.

"Ahaaa... My most faithful companion! Welcome!" Greeted a voice, deep yet full of wisdom and knowledge.

The boy was facing his back towards the man that had just entered. He was wearing dark purple robes, overflowing onto the floor, and creating a whirlpool of fabric.

"Master..." The boy bowed and addressed his superior.

"So. Did anyone see you?"

"Of course not, master. I was being extra careful. But the guards are still guarding the main entrance." Informed the boy.

"Of course. That old man would want the greatest of guards for his safety." Sneered the man in silken robes.

"You know what you have to do right, Evillustrator?"

"Yes, master. Annihilate your rival. The only person holding you back and pave the way for you." Summed Evillustrator.

"Good... Make sure that no one, especially that old man, doesn't suspect you."

"Of course. Consider it done, Hawk Moth..."

With that, the boy backed away from his master and descended back into the tunnel from which he had come from. Hawk Moth shifted so the bright light in the room reflected off the mask on his face.

"Soon... Soon I'll rule this place and then the whole world. Get ready, Shadow Moth... Father!

Word Count: 667  {Excluding this}

~Edited~