Part Six

This is the finally part, thank you for reading 

//

you found me dressed in black
hiding way up at the back
life had broken my heart into pieces
you took my hand in yours
you started breaking down my walls
and you covered my heart in kisses
i thought life passed me by
missed my tears, ignored my cries
life had broken my heart, my spirit
and then you crossed my path
you quelled my fears, you made me laugh
then you covered my heart in kisses

Lea POV

Matthew and me had been dating for over seven months and in all those months I knew that I had made the right decision. He loved me, cared for me and more importantly I knew I trusted him. I trusted him with everything and I doubt that would ever change any time soon. It was Christmas in a few days and he had been asking what my plans were. I had spoke to my parents a few times in the last week, they had both decided to come stay at mine for Christmas and we would all make dinner together and just hang out. I was so excited as nothing was better than spending time with my family.

Matthew and me were currently lying on the couch, my feet were on his lap as every now and then he would tickle my soles and laugh as I giggle and tried to get off him. “Babe?” I called out seeing him look straight me. I’d never get bored of his gorgeous eyes.

“Yeah?”

“So, do you want stay here for Christmas?” I bite into my lip hoping he’d say yes. I had asked my parents and they told me honestly they wanted him here. They had grown fond of him and realised how much he loved me. That’s all they ever wanted for me so they enjoyed his company and of course the male company was good for Dad.

“I’d love too, are you sure it’s okay?” I could see him debating whether I was oaky about it. He was still so careful around me with making big decisions, which I appreciated. He never pushed me further than I wanted and would always make sure every decision we made we made together. He told me never wanted me to feel uncomfortable because of him or around him and I never have done.

“Well it’s settled” I smiled and moved to sit on his lap, my legs went either side of his and I kissed his lips a little roughly before pulling back and turning around so my back was snuggled against his chest and we carried on watching one of the annual Christmas movies on television.

It was now the day before Christmas, Christmas eve and we had completely blitzed the house, everywhere was clean including the inside of the kitchen cupboards which confused Matthew but he soon he learnt to not question me when I’m cleaning. Once that was done we covered the house in trimmings. I had gone slightly overboard and brought too many, meaning the house literally looked like it was a movie set for Santa’s grotto. I loved it. And more importantly it felt like home. I remember being young and having our house looking just like this just with older decorations because of how the time has changed but still it reminded me of home so much and that was the best feeling.

“You think everything is done now?” Matthew shouted down from the ladder to me. I looked up to see him hanging the last piece of trimming around the top of the fireplace. I had made him a cup of my famous hot chocolate and placed it on a mat on the small table in the hallway, I held mine and felt the cup warm my hands as I told him to move it slightly to the left so it was straighter. He edited it and came down to receive his drink and kissed my cheek thanking me.

I went through into the kitchen checking for the 100th time before my parents arrived that everything we brought was there. I knew it was but I still had to check. It would be typical to forget one important ingredient. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and lightly lift me up and drag me away from kitchen. I would have protested if I didn’t miss Matthew arms around me. “Babe I was trying to check”

“I know you were” he cut me off by kissing my lips several times before moving his mouth to the side of my neck and nipping gently against it making me moan quietly.

“But…”

“But nothing…” he kissed me again and this time I gave in. I allowed his tongue inside my mouth and without much thought I threw my entire body onto his and began to allow my inner self to be reviled. “Now come on get up I have something for you” he laughed as I raised my eyebrow at him. He had suddenly stopped our make out session for this surprise so I’m hoping it was worth it.

He handed me a bag and I looked down at it. “But Christmas is tomorrow” he nodded and told me to open it. When the bag opened I saw the Christmas jumper with a reindeer clearly printed on it when I looked up he was wearing the same matching jumper. I couldn’t help but laugh as he helped me put it on over my head before putting his arms around my waist and told me to pose while he took a selfie of us.

The next morning was Christmas Day. I woke up to a light kiss on my lips and smiled as I slowly opened my eyes to see Matthew looking down on me, his arm was around my waist as it had been since we fell asleep the night before.

“Merry Christmas Lee” he whispered and kissed me once again.

“Merry Christmas” I giggled back and put my arms around his neck as we enjoyed a kiss while the house was quiet knowing that would change when my parents arrived in a few hours and then additional family that would be arriving tomorrow.

“Hey hey” Matthew spoke as Shelia came crawling across the bed to see us. I smiled and laughed as Shelia went straight to Matthew lying on his chest where my head had been. I moved it to his shoulder and watched him interact with my cat. I considered her ours now. He loved her the way I did.

I couldn’t be happier than I was in this moment. I had everything I ever wanted and more importantly things were better. I didn’t/couldn’t believe things would get better, I thought I’d be alone for the rest of my life, and now I realised things do get better. If you wait it out the sun will come out and it did. I felt like I was high on life for the first time. I had the most amazing boyfriend, a family I adored, and friends I cared about and then there was Shelia. I couldn’t be more thankful for my life than I was this Christmas. You could say Matthew saved me.