Quatre

I was admitted when I arrived yesterday because the broken bones are serious injuries. The doctor said they need to be treated immediately and with care or else I'll experience back pain for a long period of time.

I messaged Kieth about me being in the hospital and he panicked like crazy. He went rushing in here yesterday, but left after a few minutes. Someone asked him to report for duty in the military. I couldn't do anything. I mean, that's military bitch. I wouldn't want a gun pointed on my forehead.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I heard Jasmine, who just entered the room.

"I'm fine, geez. These are broken bones, but they won't kill me." She rolled her grayish eyes at me and crossed both arms in front of her a-cup breasts.

"They won't kill you, I will." She walked towards me and jokingly pulled my hair. "Oh, by the way before I forget. I already took care of the things you asked from me yesterday. The land lady told me the apartment still has a vacant room near mine. She's just asking for the advance payment then you can start moving in anytime." Her fingers were playing with her newly colored navy blue hair. "Also, I asked mom if she can lend you some money so you can find a job. Make sure to give it back before two months or I'll hear my mother's non-stop scolding, you hear me?" She raised her perfectly drawn brow.

"Yes, ma'am." I saluted. We both laughed afterwards.

"If you need anything more, don't be shy to ask me. I mean, we're bitches from different parents."

"I will." I pulled her for a hug. "Thank you for the help." She pushed me away a little.

"My service is not for free, you know. You have to pay me." This bitch is all about money, but I love this money bitch.

"I'll treat you for some food when I get my first salary." She smiled widely and nodded her head in a fast pace.

"I'd love that. Anything free is delicious to the bones." She laughed like the ones you see on television antagonists do.

"Stop laughing like that. You look weird." She looked at me sharply and I was trying my best to hold back the laughter, but didn't succeed. Her mouth dropped open from my reaction. "Why are you laughing? Gosh you're so annoying." She stomped her way out of the room and slammed the door shut.

"Oh gosh. That girl knows how to throw tantrums." I wiped a tear from my eye and decided to watch television.

*

Jasmine came back with food in her hands. I thought she was alone then another person came into the room. I squinted my eyes to see who it was, but the person is hiding behind Jasmine, intentionally.

I rolled my eyes from the childish action. I think I know who this person is. The way this person acts shouts the person's identity. They both stopped in front of me. Jasmine pouted her lips behind her.

"Stop pouting, Jas. You look like a duck." I laughed harder when she pouted even more.

"Hey! Stop ignoring me, Laine!" The person behind her shouted. The voice confirmed my speculation.

"Just come out already Blake, I know its you. Your my only cousin who acts differently for their age." He showed his hurt face the moment his eyes landed on me.

"You're so harsh. The same Laine I knew since childhood." He sat on my bed and poked my arm like a child.

"Will you stop acting like a 5-year old, geez. Your, what 27? 28? And you still act like that. You're so gross." I was teasing him, but the fucking big guy bit my arm hard. "WTF?! That hurt." I swatted his head away and he just laughed.

"You deserve that. You're being mean again." He took the food from Jasmine's hand and the latter bit her bottom lip to stop her sharp tongue from saying anything. "Eat then we can talk about the real reason I'm here." I nodded my head.

I know this day would come, Blake showing up and asking for what happened. He's a man, but that never stops him from liking gossip. I didn't expect him to come after a day though. I guess, news fly fast.

I began eating. Blake's not a patient person and I don't like to be bit again, it hurts.

"How did you collect all that courage to defy your father's family tradition?" As I was saying, Blake's not a patient person. I looked at him with killing intent.

"Will you let me take a bite first before asking? I really hate your love for gossip." He shyly smiled and motioned for me to continue eating. "Good, you two should eat with me. I don't like eating alone, I lose my appetite." They both grabbed their own food and we all silently ate.

After eating, Jasmine volunteered to throw the paper plates and plastic cutlery outside. That girl has sharp senses. She must sensed that Blake wants to talk to me alone.

"Ask away. I know your itchy for the news." He looked at me. His expression changed from playful to serious.

"Tell me everything. My dad told me what happened, but I want to hear your side of the story." This is why I love this childish cousin of mine. He doesn't take sides and knows when to be serious.

"Here goes nothing." I exhaled then started opening my mouth to tell him everything.