Dódeka

After eating, Jasmine pushed Blake out of the room. Blake being Blake started ranting. We can even hear his voice in here. After a few minutes, he kicked the door and we heard his leaving footsteps.

Jasmine immediately sat next to me on the bed and looked like an attentive student ready to learn.

"Stop that look it ain't matchy," I laughingly said. She snorted and rolled her eyes at me.

"Just tell me about what you and Luther talked, or did, earlier while we were out buying lunch." She leaned forward and squinted her eyes.

"Will you give me some space?" I pushed her face away from mine. "You're making me uncomfortable." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and started telling her what Luther and I talked about.

"That's it?" She hysterically shouted.

"What are you expecting?"

"Well...you know...some action or something?" She shrugged her shoulders and grabbed an orange from the basket given by Luther.

"I am not like you," I laughingly said. She playfully clutched her chest and looked at me with hurt eyes.

"That hurt." I raised my left brow which earned her middle finger.

***

Blake walked into the room with a long sweaty face. Jasmine and I looked at each other with questioning glances.

'What happened?' I mouthed but Jasmine just shrugged her shoulders.

Blake grumpily slumped on the sofa and rested his head on the sofa's backrest. He even closed his eyes and draped his right arm over his eyes. I looked at Jasmine again but this time she slumped next to Blake and did nothing.

Blake seemingly felt someone sit next to him so he slid his head to Jasmine's shoulder.

"What happened? You look so down big guy," Jasmine said softly, full of care.

Blake took a deep breath and shook his head slowly. "Nothing. I just saw someone in the Emergency Room earlier."

Jasmine didn't ask further questions which intrigued me. I think she knows something about this 'someone' Blake saw in the Emergency Room or Am I just paranoid?

Silence fell in the room and the sound coming from the air conditioning system echoed in the room. The silence feels awkward but I don't know how to start a conversation after seeing Blake's defeated face.

Thankfully the door flung open and Jasmine's brother, Doctor Lionel, entered the room with a stethoscope around his neck. Following behind him was a nurse holding a medical chart and a rectangular container with medicines, I guess.

"How are you feeling? Any pain?" I smiled and shook my head. "Good. That's a great sign. If that continues you might be able to be discharge earl-" He furrowed his brows and looked at Blake's location then looked at me with a questioning gaze.

I raised both hands and shook my head then said, "Don't ask me I don't know anything. Try asking Jas. I think she knows something." I pouted in his sister's direction.

"Nevermind, but it is bothering me though. Blake seems to be the happy-go-lucky person and seeing him like this...just gives the wrong vibe. The rooms so gloomy, you know." Doctor Lionel shrugged his shoulders and asked for the medical chart to check my vitals further.

***

"Finally!" I took another step and I am now successfully discharged after three days of being imprisoned.

"Yes, finally. Finally, I don't have to go to the hospital every day to babysit a 24-year old female," Jasmine retorted then flipped her hair. It was still blue but it already faded so it's in a different tone of blue.

"And now I can finally look for a job. I need to repay the money your mother lent me."

"It's okay my mom ain't asking for it...yet. By the way, what position are you going to look for?" We stopped in front of Blake's sedan. He's been quiet the whole time which is unusual but I shrugged it off.

Jasmine took the shotgun seat while I sat at the back since Blake's going to drive. I don't like the shotgun seat because it makes me scared.

I sat comfortably on the chair then looked at Jasmine from the rearview mirror.

"I'm planning to look for a job related to business administration that's what I took for college but I also want to look for something art-related."

"I thought your family has this soldier tradition thingy? Why did you study business administration then?" I scratched the back of my head and thought of how to explain it easily.

"Well...you see. The family does have a tradition but we are allowed to study a different degree for college with the condition that we should enroll in a military school right after graduation. I just finished my master's degree so it's time for me to enroll in military school but...you already know the story." Jasmine nodded her head in response.

The ride to the apartment took a few minutes since the hospital wasn't that far from the apartment. Blake dropped us off and didn't bother eating dinner with us. I think he has work. Blake's a model after all so his time isn't that unlimited.

"See you tomorrow," Jasmine said her goodbye and entered their apartment unit. I have to pass their unit and three more before I arrive at mine. "Oh! Before I forget. I think there's a job opening in the company located just around the corner. I'll just send you the details later. You can read them tomorrow since you need to rest." I smiled widely at her and nodded happily.

***

After taking a quick shower, I happily laid on the bed. The details about the job opening were sent by Jasmine before I took a shower. I'm so excited that I can't wait for tomorrow to take a look.

We are hiring!

Artsy is a small company all about art. Due to continuous growth, the company is in need of the following:

-Artists (Digital, etc.)

-Secretary

-Researchers

-Social media managers

If you're interested, please visit Artsy located near xxx store and bring the following requirements:

-Diploma (4-year course)

-Resume

-Professional portfolio (for artists)

A/N: I'll start updating 'Canvas' once a week.