Chapter 1: Him

Luke POV

I knew from the first time I saw his beautiful curls and smile that I wanted to call him mine. Everything about him was perfect, except for one thing. He was a grade ahead of me. That meant I didn't get to see him as often. But when we are together, its like heaven times 20. We kiss and talk and laugh. Its the best thing ever.

One day when we were at band practice, Michael said" Are you and Ashton dating?" I immediately blushed. " No, just friends," I said after a while. " Your not fooling anybody, so cut the bullshit" Calum said. "Fine, Ashton and I are dating" giving in to Calum. "Well there goes our big secret" Ashton said laughing. "I don't have a problem with it Michael said. "I don't have a problem with it" Calum said,acting hurt."We are best friends, that mean we respect and love each other." "Are you going soft on us, that was a pretty touching speech." Michael said punching him. "Whatever Clifford." Calum said, punching back.

Once band practice was over, Ashton leaned over to me and said"Let's go, I have a surprise." "Ashton, you know I hate surprises." "You'll like this one trust me." We went outside into a beautiful, sunny afternoon. We walked to a little park that was by an ice cream shop. Ashton dragged me in and made me get ice cream. Not that I minded though. Once we got our ice cream, we walked to the park and sat on top of the monkey bars until the ice cream was gone. Then we started playing tag with some little kids. Let's just say I was rarely "it". Once we were tired, we started walking around. At least, that's what I thought. Ashton was really taking me to a new cafe a couple of blocks away.

" Ashton this is too much." Nothing is good enough for my Lukey." I cringed at the name. We walked in and sat down. A waitress about our age came to the table."What can I get you lovely boys to drink?" She asked, her pen over her pad of paper. "Water for me" Ashton said. "Same here" I said. Once the waitress left Ashton said "I know we are together and all but you can get what you like to drink, not what I like to drink." He said jokingly. I hit him playfully on the arm. After a minute, the waitress came back. She set our drinks down and asked us what we wanted to eat. "Spaghetti" Ashton said. "2 slices of pepperoni pizza" I said. She nodded and went away.

After we finished eating and got the check, Ashton looked at it funny. 73821627.13. I looked at the check. Ashton babe, that the girls phone number. The price is $19.95. When the girl came back, Ashton politely said that she wouldn't be receiving a call from either of us.  When she walked away, I glared at her. Nobody flirts with my Ashton.