CHAPTER 1: FIRST DAY AT WORK

It's 8.50 am and I have reached my new office. My work supposed to start at 9 am but as the highly-systematic-nerd, I always make sure I am punctual. Just when I entered the company, I already received the familiar stares that I get from people seeing me for the first time. Dang it! I thought my hair did a good job covering half of my face! My hair is really long as I have never cut since I was 13. I am 24 now lol. Or maybe I look like a ghost with my hair let down like this. Never mind at least people will not bother me.

" Miss Tracy?". I turned around to a woman in her thirties in her formal attire smiling sweetly at me. " Yes Hi that's me". I smiled.

She offered her hand and said " I'm Cathrina, the secretary. Mr Liam is waiting for you in his office. Please follow me."

I took her hand and shook before following her to meet my new boss. I really hate this moment but I need the money so I shall do my best even if it means I have to come out of my comfort zone.

30 minutes later....

The boss is surprisingly nice... well maybe because it is my first day... Do not get your hopes high bitch!!

Cathrina showed me around, introduced me to several staffs and finally lead me to my room. It is my room and I do not have to share with anyone. Yes!!!!

" Once again welcome to Liam Corporation Tracy. Hope you have a great experience working here. You can always find me next door if you need anything. As for now, you can start with reviewing the finance document on your table as ordered by Mr Liam."

"Thank you very much madam"

"Hun just call me Cath. It makes me feel younger" We both laughed and she went to her room. She seems nice. So were your ex friends and boyfriend! Shut up and focus on your job and not on making friends. Unless you wanna get your dumb ass hurt again! My inner self is right!

I was so into my work that I did not realize it was already time for lunch. Cath came into my room.

"Hey Tracy, let's go. It's time for lunch. You can join me and the other girls."

My face turned pale. Other girls? Damn I hate eating in groups. That just brings me back to one of the horrible days in uni. "Tracy why are you sitting with us? Ugh I have lost my appetite by just looking at you, Don't you realize people get extremely uncomfortable seeing you especially during meals. As if seeing you other time isn't irritating enough!"

I came back to reality when I realized Cath hugged me. " Hey why are you crying? "

" I am sorry Cath. It's nothing. I am just not hungry. You guys carry on. I will join some other time" I smiled weakly.

" I know what is the problem. Sit down. I don't know what you have been through before but by just looking at you I can sense that all you want to do is hide from the world. Let me tell you this, you are beautiful and you are special. If I were to offer you a blank paper and a paper with a beautiful drawing which one will you choose?"

"T..the drawing". "Exactly! You are a beautiful 'drawing' and most of us here are just like the blank paper, boring. One day you will find the person who appreciates you as the 'drawing' you are, till then just know not everyone is going to judge you. You don't have to hide yourself like this Tracy."

" Wow that's a nice way of putting things Cath. Thank you but what I went through is always haunting me. I can't run away nor forget about it."

" I understand. My daughter faced the same issue as you. Let me tell you this, I am going to help you with it if you let me. Will you be okay with that?"

" Help? How? If this involves money then I am sorry I can't. I have debts to pay and.."

"Shhh not a large amount of money. Have you ever tried natural remedies? I know some that actually works and I will teach you. Now, let's just go eat in the pantry".

"Thank you so much Cath. I really mean it. You should just follow the others. I will be fine alone".

"No girl I am having lunch with you. So now come on".

We went to the pantry and talked a lot while having lunch. Never have I ever thought I will meet someone like her in my life. She is such an amazing person. She makes me miss my mom and aunt more.

The day went by quick and after saying our goodbyes I headed back to the apartment I was renting. There is a new tenant coming in today and I was extremely nervous because I do not want to make her uncomfortable with my presence. I can't find a new place now. This is the closest I could get to the company. It is just a 10 min drive from my place to the company. Before heading back, I went to the supermarket to get some ingredients for the remedies Cath told me about. Maybe I should try once again and help myself to end this misery.

................................................................................................................................

Hey lovely people. Hope you like this chapter. Thank you so much for the support and next chapter will be on the new housemate.