The One with the Binding Tips

Monday, Sept 7, 2020

Hey guys, random binding tips update since I have a lot of young trans folks following me!

1. This!

 This!

2. NEVER bind for more then 8 hours! And when you first start binding, or start again after a long break, work your way up to longer times. Start with an hour a day at first, then once you're used to it try two, etc.

3. NEVER sleep in a binder! If your dysphoria is really bad, try sleeping in a sports bra and a big tee shirt instead.

4. NEVER exercise in a binder! Again, sports bras will be your best friend.

5. Don't get the cheap ones off Amazon!! You want one with some stretch, no zipper, no buttons, no clasps. I highly recommend GC2B, they're super comfy and fairly cheap for the quality you get. I've had my binder from GC2B for years, and even though they recommend you get a new one every year or so, mine is still good to go. The company is also really helpful over email if you need any help!

6. Make sure you get the right size! GC2B has a sizing chart to make sure you're getting a good fit. You'll need a measuring tape, or some yarn and a ruler if you don't have one/are in the closet and can't get one. If you need help with sizing, just email!

7. If you're in the closet and can't get a binder delivered to your house, try sending it to a supportive friend's address and having them bring it to you discretely!

8. Finally and most importantly, NEVER EVER use tape or bandages!!!! If you need a DIY binder, try cutting the bottom off of an oversized tee shirt, looping it over itself once, and wearing that.
Or, two (no more!!) sports bras on top of each other. Fold the elastic band of the first one over your nips, then put the second one on normally.
Or or, try one of those "tummy control" camisoles that's a size up from your usual size, and fold the tummy part up over your chest.

If you have any questions, or if you want more tips or an MTF version, don't hesitate to comment or DM me!

Have a great day, guys :)

💕 Michael