Chapter 3

Jason's POV:

'I should just write back, it's not like I have anything to do in Chicago anyway.. Maybe this will keep me busy until I go back to Miami'

I sat at the corner of a restaurant deep in thoughts. Truth is, though I didn't want to work in Chicago, I still wanted something that'll keep me busy I mean sitting in a restaurant doing nothing wasn't an option right now. In fact, it was boring the hell out of me, I needed to be around happy faces and doing what I am good at.

I stood and went straight to my apartment, it was just across the street so it wasn't necessary for me to bring my car along.

I crossed the street and entered the huge building. Of course I got my self an apartment in a very chic building and tight security, it cost a fortune but money wasn't a problem. I got in and headed for the elevator to my floor, 'beep' it stopped and I stept out of the elavator then I opened my door and got In, once in I sat on my couch and started writing back to Lane canal company informing them that I am ready to start working for them as soon as possible.

Once done, i stood and went downstairs to it's underground parking and got in my car, next stop was Lane canal premises to hand out my letter. I stoped in front of the huge building that had classy decorations outside, I made my way to the reception.

"hii, my name is Jason Patrick's though you probably know me, I am here to hand out a letter for Mr Steward" I stretched out a hand and managed a smile

"hello sir, welcome to Lane canal premises, my name is Stanley Smith , the receptionist."she smiled and stretched out a hand" I will make sure this gets to the right hands" she ended

"glad to here that, have a good day Mrs Smith" I said with another smile

"I am not married yet" she giggled

"oh, my bad Miss Smith, bye" i said turning to leave.

__________________________________

Snazzy POV:

I sat there immobile for an hour waiting for my turn to be interviewed, the more the cue dicreased the more my felt anxious, I heard sudden turns in my stomach, my hands turned pale and sweaty. It was foreign feeling, i never felt the way I was feeling my entire life, not even when I sat for exams. I was probably terrified.

'what if I don't pass the interview and stay unemployed? '

Who'll pay my bills?

Josh?

No, I can't let him do that, he's done a lot for me, I just can't.

Thoughts came flooding my mind, I knew for sure I wouldn't depend on Josh for everything, or even become a house wife that wasn't my style. I always dreamed of being an independent woman who can pay her bills not depending on someone to do that for me. Josh always complained about me not letting him do anything for me, truth is my mom never raised me to let a man provide for me she raised me to be able to provide for myself, that's why I needed this job.

"next" Julia called

I snappede out of my thoughts realising that I was next in line , I stood and udjusted then headed straight to Mr Stern's door. I knocked and opened it, once inside, I stood there in ewe admiring the office. It was beautiful, nothing close to what i had imagined. Everything was either light grey or black, it hage glass windows.

'Ohmigoshh this is amazing' I thought before making my way to his table and greeting him

"Good morning Mr steward"

"hello Miss Styles" he stretched out a hand "you may sit" he added.

The interview went well, he asked bunch of questions and I answered most of them well, I guess, but by the look in his eyes it seemed I had passed the interview.

"Thank you for coming Miss Styles, you will receive a call to confirm when to start, only if you passed the interview" he said.

"My pleasure, ohh okay see you then Mr Steward thank you" I stood and left the office. I was about to enter the elevator when Julia motioned me over, I went to her desk with a slight frown. I wasn't sure if I passed my interview so that turned off my mood, I was stressed.

"hey you look like you are at the funeral function, what's wrong?" Julia stated

"it's just stress, I'll be alright" I managed a smile

"okay, I am looking forward to working with you" she smiled

"Me too" I smiled and left the building. I stood in front of the building busy manipulating my phone, I was texting my friend Bella to come pick me up, she had promised to take me out after my interview when suddenly a car parked right in front of me. I watched confused when the windows rolled out down and i saw a cuttie that was staring at me at the restaurant earlier that day

"hey, gorgeous" he said in a flattering tone

"hi" I stated dryly

"fiesty huh?" he chuckled and I raised my brow at him "uhh, do you need a lift?" he added

Ohgoshh I do, I do

My subconscious replied in my head but I brushed it off immediately.

"No, I don't" I said with yet another try tone

"I see, bye" he said and drove away

'Ughh you are such an idiot' my subconscious mocked me and i rolled my eyes, just then Bella's car stopped in front of me and I stepped In,

"Girl, you sure are  in a bad mood, how did your interview go?" she asked concerned

"the interview was fine" I lazily replied

"then what's with the mood?, and Snazzy don't lie to me, I know you more than anyone else, not even that jerk you call a boyfriend." she mused  and I laughed.

Bella hated Joshua's guts, I don't know what he did to her but she didn't like him one bit and once when she came over for dinner, she told him straight to his face that she hates his guts. The embarrassment I felt was unimaginable, she told him that he is a jerk that is not able to handle a woman, that he didn't deserve to be with me and all sorts of things you could imagine, I sat there immobile with parted lips I didn't know what to be, Josh didn't speak to me for three days after that.

"okay! Okay!" I surrendered "saw the car that left before you pulled over?.. The black one with tinted windows?" I asked

"yea, I saw it what about it? did he try anything funny?" she furrowed her eyebrows and I laughed

"Chill, he didn't try anything funny" I stated and her mood lightened up "earlier today when I went to crab a cup of coffee at Starbucks, I saw him staring at me then I stared back until the waitress brought my coffee.. gosh he is so cute" I said dreamily and Bella laughed

"Girll.. So what did he want now?" she asked looking at me with wide eyes

"to offer me a lift" I answered and looked out of the window.

"and let me guess you declined it, because you thought you would be cheating on Joshua?" she said slightly annoyed

"what was I supposed to do?, you know very well that Josh doesn't want to see me with other guys, let alone being in the same car with them, let's change the topic" i said irritated

"he's obsessed with you and one day I am gonna beat up his ass, it's a promise" she stated and I laughed before she drove off.

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Muah💋💙💙