CHAPTER SIX.

CHAPTER SIX:
mayday mayday mayday, i exist please don't forget about me, over.

Stiles quickly walked back from his outburst on Peter as soon as he noticed Kennedy gone. Guilt seeped through him as he saw the girl sitting by herself her body hunched over as she held her head. Stiles wuietly took a seat next to her, not wanting to bother her by saying anything.

Kennedy sat up, she pushed her hair behind her ears before sniffling. "I'm not like you, Stiles," Kennedy whispered, her fingers playing with each other as she avoided his gaze. "I haven't been fighting werewolves, drmons, or vampires and all that."

"We, uh, we actually haven't fought vampires," Stiles corrected her, before noticing the look she was giving him. "Yet. Yeah, sorry not the time. Continue."

Kennedy shook her head. "The point is, is that... I'm scared," she whispered. "I just... I saw a guy disappear... or died? I don't know if this is something I can handle... or something I could get used to," she trailed off before sighing "Maybe," she paused. "Maybe it's better if I just never leave this place."

Stiles took a few moments, looking down at his own hands before speaking up. "It's not something you get used to," he told her, his eyes still casted downwards "You get nightmares and trauma that you'll never be able to talk about because... because nobody would believe you if you did," he confessed, he took a breath before continuing his voice getting stronger. "But it's all worth it, reuniting families, saving people... and maybe," he sighed. "Maybe we don't get to save everyone, because at the end of the day there are still bigger things like Fate, but the lives that we do get to save... they're important."

Kennedy gulped "I don't know if that's something I can handle," she whispered, her head shaking.

Stiles grabbed her shaking hands. "Then you don't have to," he told her as their eyes met. "Even if you get out of here and never talk to me or Scott again. You're still getting out of here because you deserve to not have your life stolen from you. You deserve to be able to live however you want, wheverever you want, and away from here."

Kennedy squeezed Stiles hand, it was an unspoken Thank You. One that she used to do all the time when her words would fail her. Stiles squeezed her hand back. You're welcome.

Stiles sighed before realizing that he would have to tell Kennedy of Peter's plan. "Peter has a plan."

Kennedy looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"He's going to try to go through the portal, he thinks since he's a werewolf with faster healing capabilities he might be able to do it. I'm, I'm gonna go with him. You don't have to if you don't want to, you can stay here."

Kennedy gave him a nod as she pulled her hand away. "I think I'll stay here."

Stiles nodded back. "I'll be right back," he whispered before leaving.

Kennedy watched as he walked away. She wondered how many times, she'd have to see him do that. She wondered if it would hurt a little less every time.

   Kennedy wasn't sure how much longer it was until Stiles came back. Her blue eyes immediately went to Stiles' face. From the look on it she couldn't decipher if the plan went well for not.

Kennedy stood up. "Well?" She asked.

Stiles took a deep breath. "He got through," he said in disbelief.