The Rose

Kokichi POV:

Ugh, fucking Miu. Always arguing with everything anyone says. What did everyone expect me to do? She was being rude, and I responded. Then Shuichi happened. I didn't expect that from him. I hadn't ever heard him that stern before. I guess I deserved it. It shocked me so much I couldn't even fake a grin for a few seconds there. Shuichi builds me up, like that stupid game, Jenga. Only for the carefully placed wooden blocks to be ripped out from underneath you, sending you crashing down in a huge, messy heap.

As I stood there, play taunting Shumai, little miss perfect pianist comes and goes all soft. Shuichi goes crazy over Kaede, like a tiny kitten trying katnip for the first time. Kaede, and her stupid pink sweater that's so bright it melts your eyes out of your head. It's like Shuichi's her little pet. Her emo, smart, handso-

Shit.                                                                        

I taste blood. My throat itches, am I choking? I need to leave. Exit line exit line exit line. The fuck do I say? Think Kokichi think. I eventually utter the old
"I don't like you guys anyway~"
And bolt out the door.

I can hear the others muttering insults. I can't focus on that. I run down the halls, to my room. I just reach the door as I collapse onto the floor. I begin to cough, my throat is burning. I crawl across the pale stone tiled floor and clamber onto the sink. 

I cough and splutter and gag, like a drowning kid, getting hit by yet another wave. My throat is so sore. I cough again, and a splat of liquid emerges from my mouth. Blood. And, something else? Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this. I stick my fingers into my mouth, and grasp onto a chunk of something.  I yank it out.

A flower.
It's a flower.
No wonder my throat was hurting, it's a rose.
Thorns and all.
Petite and delicate, layers of deep red stacked.

but, why would there possibly be a-

Oh.

Oh, no.