Chapter 5: Confrontation

(This is kind of a longer chapter, with mild sexual content but I hope you guys like it, please feel free to comment or message me on how you feel about it!:))

Alex's POV

I told my parents I would be home late because I couldn't face them just yet. I knew my broken heart was written all over my face. They would ask questions and sooner or later I'd have to tell them everything, which I was NOT ready to do.

After the game, Britney was having a party at her house and I figured what better way to get over someone then to go to a party. I drove home to take a shower, throw on some fresh clothes, and head to the party.

When I arrived, the party was already in full swing and people poured out from the house, taking up any available space. I politely smiled as I was greeted and congratulated by 20 different people before even hitting the front door.

Britney greeted me when I finally made my way inside, obviously already tipsy from whatever she had found in her parents liquor cabinet. I also found Erica, and a few of the other freshman players in the game room being surrounded by a bunch of sophomore guys. I laughed hysterically as Erica continued to lead the boys emotions on.

She was as straight as a mountain road and obviously the boys couldn't take a hint from the way she stared at Danny, a sophomore on the JV team's, chest. She winked at me as I continued into the backyard.

I surveyed my surroundings and spotted a cooler in the corner marked "boring". I smiled to myself as I thought about Britney's inability to show sensitivity to those of us who don't drink. As I bent over to grab a coke, I felt an arm slowly wind it's way around my waist. I froze as I realized I knew who this arm belonged to. I straightened up and tried my best to regain control of my emotions that were running wild.

"Great game today, baby", she whispered seductively into my ear

"Yea you too. You were really going for MVP in that locker room today" I snarled as I turned to face the cause of my brokenness.

"Come on, babe! You know she was just a fling!" She implored, "what we have is real, give me a chance to prove it to you"

Gabi slowly dragged her hand slowly down my stomach and rested them on the start of my zipper.

I wanted her to miss me. I wanted her to love me. I wanted her to choose me.

But she didn't, and she hadn't.

"No thank you", I said taking her hand of my jeans. "I don't do cheaters"

I turned to walk away and she grabbed my arm.

"How could you leave me??? I thought you loved me!"

"Exactly!!! Lov-ED, as in past tense, as in no more!" I yanked my arm out of her grip and started to walk away again leaving her screaming behind me.

"If you don't get back here right this second, I'll tell everyone I broke up with you! How's it going to look when the star player gets dumped huh?? Your popularity won't last more than a week without me! We're a power couple, don't you see that?!?! You need me."

I stopped and thought for a moment, "should I slap her emotionally or physically?" I pondered, "momma always did say use your words"

I smiled as a plan formulated in my head. I ran to britney to see if I could get her buy-in. After telling her the whole story, she wanted to just go beat her up but I insisted we do this my way. Sh nodded and ran to grab the materials we needed. Then I went, back into the backyard and waited. I saw Gabi in the corner crying and pointing at me to her friends who were glaring at me. I smiled and waved knowing those bitches had another thing coming.