Kids, Am I Right?

Don't you just love peace and quiet? Sweet, sweet silence? Me and Jade were savouring our rare moment of peace and quiet and beautiful silence when a loud cry ran out through the house. 

"3...2....1," Jade counted down the seconds until we heard our names. 

"Mam! Mammy!" We tried desperately to suppress our giggles before our five-year-old daughter ran in crying. MAMMY MODE ACTIVATE!

"What's wrong Louise, darling?" I asked, engulfing my eldest baby in a tight hug. She then went and sat on Jade's lap.

"Amelio stole my Blueberry!" Blueberry was Louise's favourite teddy: a little blue puppy which had comforted her throughout multiple tantrums and troubles. Why sweet, innocent Meli would steal him, I have no idea.

"Amelio Thirlwall-Edwards! Get here right now!" Jade shouted. In came Lou's twin brother, Amelio, walking in looking confused and worried.

"What?" he said, innocently.

"I think you know exactly what young man! Give your sister her Blueberry back!" 

"What're you talking about Mammy?" Ooh, he really tried it!

"Amelio, don't play dumb with your Mammy," I warned, "You don't want to know what happens when you don't listen."

"But Mam, I don't have a clue what you or Mammy or Lou are talking about! I was playing with my dollies! Then I heard Lou Lou crying and then you're shouting at me! But she cried right after she-"

"So, nothing actually happened?" Jade asked incredulously. 

"Wait, Jeed, hang on. What were you saying Meli? About it was right after what?"

"Right after she ripped one of my barbie's tops!" 

"Woah hold up! So, you didn't do anything Meli?" He shook his head. "And Louise ripped your barbie clothes?" He nodded.

"Lou, is that true?" asked Jade, who still had her on her lap. Louise hung her head down and nodded slightly. 

"Louise Thirlwall-Edwards!" I gasped, "Why would you do that?!"

"Because it was an ugly top!"

"It was my favourite... And it was really pretty..." whispered Amelio.

"Louise, baby, that's no reason to rip your brother's stuff! Apologize please!" Jade scolded.

"I'm sorry for ripping your dollies' top and calling it ugly, Amelio," she muttered. 

"Thank you, Lou. Go play nicely in the playroom now guys." And with that, the two five-year-olds left the room and did exactly that. Jade let out a loud sigh and slumped back onto the sofa- and bam. Crying.

"Babe, I think the triplets have finished their naps," Jade groaned.

"I'll deal with them, baba. You have a little rest." And with that, I gave her a quick kiss and went upstairs to the triplets room.

"Hi guys. Did you have a nice rest?" I cooed as I picked up the second oldest, Harvey.

"Mammy!!" he exclaimed happily.

"Hello baby!" I replied and gave him a little kiss on the nose.

"Hewo Mammy," yawned Harper. She was the eldest of the three three-year-olds; and little Harlow was the youngest. 

"Hiya Mammy!" 

"Do you three wanna come downstairs with me, Mam, Meli and Lou?" I asked.

"Yayyyy!!!" they cheered.

After I got the triplets down there was no chance of peace and quiet. Amelio and Harlow were colouring and drawing peacefully- well...Amelio was colouring and Harlow was scribbling happily on her paper. But, so far, Harper had accidentally ran into a wall (there was a load of tears), Louise had spilt a bit of her drink on Blueberry (even more tears), Harvey had kicked his football too hard and smashed a vase (no tears, just an angry Jade) and that's all! Finally, it was the kids' bedtimes and me and Jadey had the night to ourselves. But....we had to clean up their mess first.

"Look at Harlow's drawings, baba," Jade pointed out. I noticed how she had tried to draw seven little stick figures, two taller than them all. Above each one was a letter- two M's for us, an L and an A for the twins, and two H's for Harv and Harp. Above the smallest little figure, was an M, which I'm assuming was for 'Me.' For a three year old, that girl's smart.

"Aw, she's so sweet!" I said.

"I know right!"

"But, damn are the rest of them hard work!" I sighed, "Lou cried over a teddy bear stain, Harvey smashed a vase, Amelio got upset over a doll's t-shirt being ripped and Harper ran headfirst into a fucking wall!"

"Kids, am I right?" We both laughed together and got to cleaning.

Hope you enjoyed :) fuckboy_cagayo inspired the name Amelio so thanks for that <3