Chapter 1- home

I was sitting under a vent of a jewelry store early one morning, clothes tattered, feet cold and haven't eaten in days. This is my life. Scavenging for food and not knowing if I'll survive another day. My mom beat me and my dad passed away when I was little. I'm only 13 and I made the hardest decision to leave when I was 12.
One day when I was sitting on top of a vent a blonde girl nudged my foot. When I looked up I couldn't believe who it was. It was Jennifer Lawrence. " Come with me " she said.
I didn't think twice. She drove me to her house and cleaned me up. When I got out of the shower I went to walk out of her house thinking I was insane if I stayed. " Thank you so much for the shower and the clothes. I really appreciate it. I'll be going now. Thanks again" I said with a smile.
" where do you think your going?" She asked. " I don't really know." I confessed "well I'm not going to except you living on the street with barely anything to eat. If it's ok with you I'd like to invite you to live with me. " She said. " Oh my gosh. Jennifer Lawrence just oh my gosh. Yes yes yes. Please!" I said " ok. It's settled then. Welcome home!" She said.

1 hour later.
After she showed me around to my room and where everything else was she said we could watch a movie. " What movie shall we watch? " She asked. " Well I loved The Hunger Games before I left but.... I don't know if you want to." I said shyly. " Of course! Anything for you..." She said waiting for me to say my name. " Jaelyn's my name" I said. " Jaelyn, I like it!" She said.
After the movie finished she gave me pjs and I got changed and went to my room. " Knock knock," she said. " Come in" I Replied. She walked in with a teddy bear. " This was mine when I was little and it always gave me the courage to keep going with my hard times starting acting. I think you could use some courage now. " She offered. " Thank you so much Mrs. Lawrence. " I said " oh please! Call me....." She hesitated. " Mom " I finished for her. " If that's ok with you. I've always wanted a daughter" she said. " Can you read the something? It's been forever since I've heard a book or anything." " Ok" I slowly started drifting asleep half way through the story but she didn't realize. When she noticed I was asleep I just assumed she would just leave. But she hugged me and kissed my forehead. I started crying just as she left my room. " What's wrong?" She asked. " Oh nothing, I forgot what it feels like to be loved. It's just been so hard being out there alone fighting to stay alive. " I said. " I'll never leave you. I promise to love and take care of you." She said.
" Will you stay with me?" I asked as I moved over in my bed. " Of course" she said. When she laid down I instinctively laid my head on her shoulder and after I noticed I flinched away. " Sorry" I said. " No, no, go ahead. " She said. " Thank you so much. For everything" I said. She hugged me and then I was asleep.
* next morning *

When I wake up Jen isn't beside me anymore. " Mmm." I said. " Bacon!!" It's been forever since I had that!
As I run downstairs I yell " WHERES THE BACON?!!'" And Jen laughs. I find her in the living room.
" I used to do that too. But like this: WHERES THE PIZZA?!!!" She screamed. We both cracked up. And then something that I never thought would happen. JOSH HUTCHERSON ran in. " Oh my gosh. It's josh hutcherson" I said.
" Ya. It's me!" He said. And then he came and gave me a huge hug.
" So time for breakfast?" Jen asked
" Yes it is!!" Josh replied.
This is perfect. My life is finally starting to turn around.