Am I Wrong?

Kovu prowled the terrain with one thing on his mind; Revenge. Yes this determination was not like one had experienced before. He was bloodthirsty and intended on much blood to be shed to pay the ransom for the wrongness that had been done to him.

These creatures nearly killed him, injured his mate, and worst of all, accountable for murdering his parents. While Kovu knew he had no physical evidence to prove they actually did kill them, he felt what took place earlier that night was enough to assume.

Kovu's whiskers moved forward ever so slightly. He was near the village. The fire was gone ,but the darkness was no issue.

He sniffed about the huts.While he purposed to slice the throats of any hunter that had dared to point a spear at him ,there was one inparticular that he knew must die first...Him.

He creeped into the hut,the decrepit door opening with ease. Kovu looked around. The hut was formed by hardened brownish red clay . There was a gaping hole in the wall about three feet from the floor. A stone table was placed between two wooden chairs. One had the lion pelt hanging on it.Kovu passed it by in disgust, trying to erase the image of his parents being mauled with a spear head.

He walked futher in the room and saw two round shaped lumps covered in zebra hide. Kovu understood he ate animals but to go sporting them off and using their skin was a different story. These humans treated them like things. Like they were nothing more than showy means of display.

He approached the covered figures and lifted the blanket back.He saw it was the fearless tribe leader and a dark vengeful grin spread across his lips. His arms were securely wrapped around a slim naked lady ,presumably his wife.

Kovu growled low causing the couple to shift in their sleep. He extended his claws ready to release every bit of boiling rage that was about to explode out of him.

"This is pay back for hurting me and my family..."

Just as he was about to strike, he heard a soft whimper coming from a woven basket in the corner.

''What the...?''

He stepped up to the basket and peered in. What he saw caught him by surprise. It was a baby. A chunky thing it was, with little curls sprouting from his head. It sucked peacefully on its thumb as Kovu just looked on in amazement. He glanced back at the man lying in bed. How could something so vile and malicious start off being so cute and innocent?

Looking at this human cub made him think of himself.He remembered the day Scar found him...

Little Kovu lay helpless in a deserted field.He looked up at a towering lion with intense green eyes ,his fur bronze in color, and mane that was darker than midnight.

Male lions usually had a great dislike for cubs not of their own blood. This was probably the end to a life that barely had started.He checked his surroundings to make sure no one was watching him.

Scar's knife like teeth came closer to Kovu and he winced back expecting the worst. However, Scar gently told hold of lion cub by the lose skin of his neck, dangling him from his jaw. Kovu realized he was being scruffed.

He looked up at the mysterious lion who had his eyes fixed ahead to avoid visual contact.On the day that was suppose to end in tragedy, Kovu's life had been spared...

Scar may have had enough pity to save Kovu, but eventually he came to find out the evilness that corrupted his adoptive father's spirit.That also brought to mind his dream...

"No, you're the liar! At least I didn't let darkness take over my heart, you're simply ruthless ,Scar!"

Scar shoved Kovu's head near a puddle letting him see his reflection that bared a striking resemblance to his own. "Like father ,like Son", Scar hissed, evidently pointing out the identical scars on both of their eyes.