Tough Decisions

Aisha looked at Kovu in bewilderment. She started to speak slowly. "I take it... you know her?"

He nodded. "Yeah, ma, that's my girlfriend Kiara.Wait, it's okay if I call you that, right?"

Kovu was warming up to his parents but it still felt weird calling them 'ma' or 'papa'.

"Of course, sugah, but you never told us you had a mate."

Kovu stared into his mom's eyes and sighed. "There's a lot of things I haven't told you about yet."

His mother smiled. "Well maybe later."

"Yes", Isaiah agreed. "We'll give you a minute. We'll be outside."

As soon as they left, Kovu threw him self on Kiara. He pressed his ear against her chest. Her precious heart beat had the same rhythm of his own.He closed his eyes as he felt her warm body rise and deflate, her lungs filling with the breath of life.

"I thought I lost you..." , he whispered.

He sat down and stared at her. 'How long will she be like this?'

His voice flowed through out the cave, echoing a melodious soliloquy.

"We walked through the world, where nobody has been before

Turn back the hands of time, open every door

I swear I will allay your doubts and show I love you more

To retrieve your affinity

Everyday (day), every night (night)

I wanna see you baby, staying by my side

I'm goin down on my, on my knees for you

For your love I'd do it, for your sake, believe I'll do it

If you don't love me, why do you raise my hopes?

No matter what happens, I can't let you go

You got it wrong, I didn't wanna hurt you"

Kiara faintly opened her eyes and murmured the next line in unison with him.

"I wanna be all the world to you..."

"Kiara!", Kovu shouted , astonished.

"Kovu!"

"Kiara I'm so-"

She stopped him. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. It feels like I've been away from you for an eternity."

"Just to let you you know I didn't kill-"

She stopped him by giving him a long passionate kiss. "Kovu, I know."

He smiled. "I guess we really are in love."

"You got that right", And with that she gave him a small lick on the cheek. "But, tell me, where are we?"

Kovu perked up delighted. "You won't believe it! Kishamajingi!"

"Are you serious!?", she asked wide eyed. "Are your parents still alive, have you met them, where are they?"

He could tell she was just excited as he was. "Woah, woah! Yes, they're still alive and they're outside. I can't wait for you to meet them. They're the ones that found you and took care of you."

"I must've blacked out."

"You did. How does your leg feel?"

Kiara glanced to the right , looking at her back leg.It was wrapped securely with leaf bandage. "Its just a little sore, but other wise I feel fine."