Chapter Thirty

Betty's POV

I don't know if sending the letter to Jug was the right thing to do. What if he doesn't want to hear from me anymore, I don't really deserve it right now anyways. What if the letter got in the wrong hands and somehow the Goulies got it and know my location. I'm even more on edge now.

I heard a loud engine I hadn't heard round here before, straight away I expected it to be Goulies. So I grabbed the lamp next to the bed and took off the shade so I just had a metal bar. I quickly ran into the wardrobe and hid. Every breath I took became quicker as I became more and more scared of who was on the other side of the door.

The engine stopped and I couldn't hear anything. This just terrified me even more, not knowing where they were. After a few seconds, there was a knock on the door, it was light and gentle. Not what I expected from Goulies.

Then, there was another knock, this time a little louder. I closed my eyes and hoped that they would move on, thinking I wasn't in. "Betty?" Came from a voice at the door that I would forever recognise. I opened the wardrobe and got out before quickly going to the door, unlocking it and opening it to see him.

He was standing with a bag in his hand and in his Serpent jacket. I burst into tears and he quickly came inside, shut the door and cradled his arms around me, finally we could hug and I could feel his warm touch. "Jug" I sighed happily in between breaths. I quickly realised that this is the first time seeing him since I left.

I lifted my head and blurted out "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Jug, for everything" I said and he shook his head a little. "It's fine Betty, there was a lot of things going on and I understand" he said but I couldn't let this go unnoticed. "No, I left not telling you anything about it and why, I didn't contact you in months, I lost trust in you because of what a stupid Goulie said and there is no excuse for what I did, and I hate myself for it. I can't tell you how sorry I am, I feel terrible. I understand if you don't want to-" I said but I was cut off by him.

"Stop it Betty, I love you and I was the one who let you get taken by the Goulies and I didn't do enough about it soon enough. So, I'm the one who should be sorry" he said and I put my hands on his cheeks. "No, you shouldn't be sorry. You know what, can we both just stop saying sorry and forgive?" I suggested and he nodded with a small smile on his face.

He slowly brought his face closer to mine and I pulled in a little more until our lips were touching and we slowly kissed. This is what I needed, him back. For me to feel safe finally, for just a moment while we were together I felt safe. When we pulled apart, we rested our foreheads together. "You're really bossy, you know" he said and I giggled and sniffed before agreeing, wiping away the last of my remaining tears.

Jughead's POV

I'm so happy to be with her, to be able to hold her in my arms again. It's been too long not being able to do that. We were lying in bed cuddled up together, just talking for hours about everything until she got tired so I turned on a movie and slowly she drifted asleep.

I gently kissed the top of her head, being careful not to wake her. I slowly lifted her head off my chest and slid out of the bed so I couldunpack the things I brought.

As I started to put away some clothes, I heard Betty wriggling a little in her sleep. Thinking it was just a dream, I continued taking out some T-shirts I brought. But then the moving continued and I heard her make a couple noises so I look over to see her sweating, moving around still asleep. Nothing else happened so I walked to the small bathroom to put away some toiletries I brought.

"Jughead? No, no!" She shouted crying and I ran to her. She was sitting up with her face already red and puffy, drowned in sweat and crying so hard she wasn't making any noise. "Betty, I'm here" I said as I sat in front of her and hugged her. When she realised what ever just happened was over, she relaxed into my arms, still crying.

"Baby, what happened?" I asked rubbing her back but she didn't say anything so I just continued to comfort her. After a while, I slowly moved to sit next to her and moved the covers back over us, before bringing her back into me. She rested her head on my shoulder and wraped her arms tight around me, like she was scared I was going to let go. I think I know what happened now, but I want her to tell me.

"Betts?" I asked and she slowly lifted her head and looked at me with her eyes still filled with tears. "I know what you're going to say," she began taking a deep breath. "I had a nightmare, it was about you and the Goulies like always," she said but I had to interrupt. "Like always?" I asked wanting more information.

"Yeah, this happens all the time. It started when I left, I have always had nightmares but they were never that bad. Anyways, they're always about me being taking by the Goulies again, you being hurt or just what happened in the cabin replaying in my head. This one was you being beaten up and I was being dragged away, I couldn't do anything. I'm sorry, I really tried to get away from them. I'm so sorry." She cried into me, forgetting what was a dream and what is reality.

"Betty, I'm okay. I wasn't beaten up, it was all a dream. Don't worry" I said hoping to calm her down but she kept crying into me. This really messed her up more than I could ever imagine, it's going to take her a long time to get back to normal, that's if she ever gets better. But I don't care, I'm going to be by her side through it all, I'm not leaving her again.

Hey guys, sorry this chapter took a while to come out, I couldn't find the right words for what I wanted. Hope you enjoyed anyways!
K 💕