Why Would I Lie? ||| Douxie X OC

OC= Kiley

::::::::::

I grumble under my breath as Douxie sits down beside my bed, putting a plate of breakfast soup beside me on my nightstand. I open my mouth, saying 'ah', but Douxie only shakes his head.

"Feed mee." I whine.

"No. Not happening." He scoffs.

"Why noot?"

"I'm not going to hand feed you, sit up and take the spoon."

"You boo."

"I'm not the one who decided to down a whole pack of-- you know what, no. I'm not falling for your tricks this time. Last time I fed you, you ended up making me your errand boy. Those days are behind me."

"... Double boo."

Douxie sighs deeply and drapes his hand over his face.

"Merlin help me..." He mutters.

"You know, you say some weird stuff sometimes." I yawn.

"Just sit up and take the spoon!"

I glare at him through squinting eyes.

"Fine."

I sit up and he moves the tray into my lap. I pick up the spoon, scoop up some soup, and start eating. I expected Doux to leave once I started to eat, but he stays there. Waiting for me to finish with a look of fret on his expression.

"You ok?" I ask, my head aching with pain.

"I should be asking you that."

I huff, "Man, I guess I got into a TON of trouble last night, huh?"

"Do you even remember any of it?"

"Not at all, man. I blacked out when Mary gave me that fruit fizz."

Douxie sighs, lowering his head into his hands.

"That explains that."

I take another scoop of soup. I suddenly feel guilty all out of nowhere, but I don't know why. I lower my spoon and frown. Douxie looks at me sadly.

"Everything ok?"

"... Can I ask you something?" I blurt.

Douxie gives a confused gaze.

"Uh, sure?"

I take a breath, trying to find the confidence I'll need once I ask the question. I muster everything I can handle right now with my splitting headache and look down into the soup.

"Did I try anything last night?"

He laughs, "I'm pretty sure you tried everything last night. Like, I'm surprised you're not throwing up right now."

"No, I don't mean like drinks. I mean... Did I try anything with you?"

He stiffens in his shoulders and arms. I sink in my bed a bit, knowing that by his reaction I should take that as a yes. I sigh, finding a loss in appetite.

"I did... didn't I?"

"Kiley, look."

"No, it's fine. You don't have to make an excuse to try and make whatever I did any kind of ok. It wasn't. I shouldn't have acted like that-- in any sort of situation. But, just so I can start to figure out how to make it up to you, can you... please... tell me what I did?"

Douxie sighs.

"It doesn't bug me, really."

"Douxie. You went tense when I asked my question, which means you clearly didn't want me to know. Or at least, you hoped I wouldn't ask."