Snap

(A/N. So POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING

Also this is unedited

I literally JUST finished it and it's 3 am so I'm not gonna read it through for mistakes

So uh

Have fun!)

"You've got to have a battle with me, Hilda!" Cheren said excitedly, "I'm so much stronger now!"

Hilda looked to N nervously, but N just had a smile on his face, "Um...no I don't think so..."

"You don't think I'm stronger?" Cheren asked.

"I'm sure you're strong, Cherry I just...don't feel like battling."

"C'mon!" Cheren urged, "For old times sake!"

Bianca clapped her hands together, "I can be ref!"

"I'd so love to see what you're made of, Hilda!" Rosa exclaimed. Hugh nodded in agreement.

Hilda bit her lip, "Okay..."

Cheren gave an excited, "Yes!" before showing everyone to the field in his gym. Construction was nearly finished, all that really needed to be added was the platform where Cheren would be standing. He was still using that raggedy wooden platform, much to his girlfriend's worry and dismay.

"Be careful up there, Cheren..." Bianca said nervously. Cheren smiled, leaned down, and gave Bianca a kiss before climbing the platform. It creaked underneath his feet but was otherwise fine.

Hilda began to put her hair into a ponytail. As N, Rosa, and Hugh went to take their seats in the stands, Hilda stopped N.

"C-Can I borrow your hat?" She asked.

N frowned and took his hat from his head. As he handed it to Hilda he asked, "Everything okay? You look nervous..."

Hilda pulled her ponytail through the back of the hat and adjusted it on her head. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"I'm good!" She said with confidence.

N smiled, There she is, he thought, taking a seat next to Rosa.

Bianca took her spot as ref, "The battle between Cheren Maraschino and Hilda White will be one on one! The battle will end when one Pokémon is unable to continue! Since Cheren initiated the challenge, Hilda will have the first move! Begin!"

Hilda pulled a Pokéball from her bag, adjusted her hat, and tossed the Pokéball onto the field, "Serperior- Hero's stance!"

An elegant grass type Pokémon appeared on the field without a sound. He held his head high, and his body language screamed confidence. Hilda caught the Pokéball as it returned to her. She shoved it back into her bag and crossed her arms.

Keep it together.

Cheren pulled out a Pokéball from his belt, "Alright Emboar let's go!"

Emboar appeared in the field in a barrage of flames and gave out a mighty roar. He noticed Serperior on the field and smirked, snorting smoke from his nose. Serperior simply flicked his tail in response, which was hardly a response at all.

"Coil." Hilda said bluntly.

Blue rings appeared around Serperior's slender body, raising his attack, defense, and accuracy.

"Emboar use Brick Break!" Cheren commanded.

Emboar powered up his move and charged at Serperior. Without a word from Hilda, Serperior dodger the attack and used Coil again.