Chapter 6:

Just killed a woman, feeling good

Nah just kidding,,
————

Dream reached his hand over to George, his hand rested on George's shoulder and his eyes widened. "Please.. I need to see Sapnap..." he sobbed out.

George hesitated, "He's asleep right now..."

"Please, I don't have much longer..." Dream stood up, using George to help himself up. He raced out of the room, and into the bedroom.

"Ah!" Sapnap yelped when someone burst in. He stared at Dream, dumbfounded. Dream slowly approached him. "Dream?"

Dream sighed, "Sap.. hey."

Sapnap teared up, "I fell asleep already, didn't I?" He whispered. Dream shook his head.

"No, this is real. I promise.." Sapnap was quiet for a moment before he reached out for Dream's hand. He quickly took it, and then a smile spread across his face.

Dream smiled back, sitting down. "Listen, Sap. I can only be here for a day.. so how about we all do something? Just like old times.."

Sapnap wiped some of his tears away, and he nodded, "Okay... sounds good." Dream helped Sapnap up.

Sapnap followed Dream to the others.

George had a look of relief when he saw the two, "Oh thank god."

"Is this why you and Bad were acting weird?" Sapnap looked at George.

"We were worried how you were going to react..." George avoided eye contact. Bad smiled awkwardly, nodding along with what George said.

Dream tried to hide how he was really feeling, "Hey! So... we should do something.. before the day ends."

George and Bad nodded, "I might have an idea." Bad started, "We could... Explore that forest nearby." He panicked, and suggested something random.

Dream nodded, "Sounds good.." He smiled, and then quickly left the house.

They made their way into the forest. Dream and Sapnap were caught up in talking with each other.

"You know, you look good with the mask." Dream said.

Sapnao blushed slightly and then laughed, "That's what I said!" Dream laughed too. Sapnap grinned, "I think it's mine now, basically."

Dream rolled his eyes, "Okay, fine. I give you permission to keep it. Only if you don't forget me when wearing it.."

Sapnap looked up at Dream, "Dream, why would I ever forget you?"

Dream was quiet and then laughed, "Maybe if a creeper sneaks up on you and sends you half way down a ravine?"

Sapnap let out a dramatic gasp, "No! That's not going to happen again."

Dream laughed harder, "I know.. I know.." Dream sighed, knowing that only part of that will be right.

"Dream..?" Sapnap whispered, and Dream looked over, "I.. I don't want to question why you're here.. I want to make the most of having you here with us again..." He smiled slightly, "I missed you so much."

Dream fought back tears, "I missed you too..."

Sapnap smiled more, hugging Dream tightly. He was so happy to have Dream in his presence again.

***

Half of the day was over, and the four found themselves chilling by a really large rock. They were all betting each other on who could climb to the top first, but they all ended up slipping down. In the end, they all sat on the ground after giving up.

Dream and Sapnap started talking some more, "So... why do we only get one day?"

Dream hesitated, "Because... I have to leave by the end of the day.."

"What do you mean leave?" Sapnap frowned.

"Listen, Sap... I... I broke some rules, okay?" Dream tried to explain without telling Sapnap what was going to happen. But he let one little detail slip out.

"What?!" Sapnap shouted, catching George and Bad's attention. "No.." He shook his head violently, and wrapped his arms around Dream. "No! I don't want to forget you again!" He cried.

"Sapnap please.. I'm sorry, it's because I messed up." He lowered his voice, "Just.." He looked at the mask that Sapnap was wearing, "Don't stop wearing that.. okay?"

Sapnap didn't answer, he continued to cry in Dream's arms.

George and Bad scooted closer to the other two, to help comfort Sapnap.

Soon, Sapnap calmed down enough for them all to head home. He didn't talk much, just stayed by Dream's side.

When they got back, Dream sat with Sapnap on the couch. He held Sapnap close, "I'm sorry..."

Sapnap closed his eyes, "Don't be..." He then looked up at Dream, and he smiled, "I'm happy I got to spend the day with you again..."

"Me too..." Dream smiled and leaned in for a kiss. Sapnap happily kissed Dream.

Sapnap pulled away, "I love you, Dream."

"I love you too, Sapnap."