Chapter 2

I woke up thinking about this mornings events. it was well past 3:00 in the afternoon, and I was just now waking up. but could you blame me? I'd just had a baby, and would later have to fight through a crowd of paparazzi on our way out. "knock knock", Michael slowly opened the door. "you okay for a visitor?", "sure", I tried sitting up a little more .

That's when I realized how sore my stomach was. I made a mental note to ask my nurse about that later.

Michael walked in sitting a tray of hospital food on the little table beside my bed. trailing behind him was my bodyguard Bruce. He'd hired Bruce to look after the baby and I while he went back to work for a while. "Hey baby", he pecked my lips.

"Hey, hey Bruce", he looked over and waved before reaching beside me for the baby. "Woah woah!" Michael heeded. "Man, wash yo hands", I laughed a little at how serious he got.

I knew that newborns had to be handled carefully, but I also knew I was determined not to be the type of mother that would carry a giant bottle of sanitizer everywhere I went. Michael was a different story though. it was bad enough that he had to go back to work in a few days, he knew my family. They were the touchy-feely type.

It would be hell trying to convince him that everything would be fine. With Bruce there, I didn't see anything going wrong .

Mike made sure that Bruce took a full minute to wash his hands and arms. shaking my head, I watched Bruce hold my baby like a pro. "So Mike", Bruce started.

"How you know this baby ain't mine?" He laughed. "Because I know damn well Lacie don't want you nigga", he laughed back. All I could do was sit there and stare between them. I was not getting into another stupid argument.

Bruce paced towards him, playfully putting his free fist up. "Come on then, bruh squad up". He laughed at Mike, and Mike faked like he was about to hit him. That must've shook the baby up because he started to whine. "Put my baby down fool!" I yelled.

They laughed at me for snapping at them. "If ya'll want to see tomorrow act like you got some sense." ,"yes ma'am." Bruce said giving me my baby.

Right when I got him back, he opened his eyes. "Oh my", I gasped. His eyes were a bluish grey just like his daddy's. He had my nose and smile though. Then, it clicked. "Noah", I said under my breathe.

For the last few weeks we hadn't even thought about names, but something in me was telling me this was it. "Babe", "Yeah?". I looked from Noah to Mike while testing out the name in my head. "What about Noah?" He stood in his spot for a second contemplating the name.

He came and kneeled by the bed, " What do you think little man?" Noah smiled and stared at his daddy.

"Noah it is", I laughed. There was a knock at the door," Mrs. Ealy?"

"Yes?", I turned, "Its about time for your breastfeeding lesson".

"Time to go", Bruce said hurrying out the door dragging Mike with him. "Nigga you act like I haven't seen my wife's breasts before", Michael yelled from the hallway.

"Let's get started."