Defining Lines- Part 1

*~* Dante *~*

"Are you actually going to catch this one Rae?"

"I got it!" Some girl yells, momentarily followed by, "Watch out!"

"What the-" I mumble rubbing the back of my head, picking up the brown leather football that had nailed me.

"Oh my god!" The same girl gasps. I turn around still cringing slightly, watching as she comes running from a few feet away. "Are you okay? I don't play a lot of sports. I couldn't see where the ball was going because the light was in my eyes and -"

I toss the ball at her lightly, smirking as she failed to catch that too. 

"Nice catch." I tease.

The girl bends down to snatch it up quickly, wiping her hair over to the right side of her head with her fingers. A few thick strands fall down her face, almost but not quite hiding her rosy cheeks. 

"I'm kidding." I grin.

"I'm so sorry." She chuckles, looking up at me through her dark long lashes.

"I'm sure it's only a minor fracture of the skull," I sigh rubbing my head, "Nothing ice won't fix."

Her glistening white teeth peaked through her pink lips as she finally lifted her head to fully look at me.

"I'm Rayne." She says, holding her hand out to me.

"Dante." I nod, starring at her hand for a moment before realizing it was a greeting. I shake it lightly, holding her eyes with mine. There was a small eruption of cat calls from behind me at our exchange which I try to ignore, but it only makes Raynes pink flushed cheeks deepen.

"I should probably get back to them." She says biting her bottom lip. I look over her shoulder at the group of friends that were starring at us with disapproval a few yards away and roll my eyes

"They look like a lovely bunch chica." I say jokingly 

"You shouldn't be talking." She winks before jogging back to her friends. I stand there and watch her for a moment before I turn back to my friends who were lounging around on towels with red cups in hand.

"Did you see the ass on that girl?" My friend Alan sighs dropping his head back. Marta punches his arm out of jealousy, causing his beer to spill over on his lap. He scowls at her for a minute before pulling her closer under his arm.

"Muy caliente Dante." Sebastian smiles, nudging me lightly as I sit down next to him.

"Did you see the sausages she was with man?" I raise my eyebrows before flipping my sunglasses down over my eyes. "I do not associate myself with that kid Alex or his little brother."

"Why don't you bring her to the dark side D," Nick says wiggling his eyebrows, "I'm sure she'd be more than willing."

"Not my type." I say simply.

"You're crazy!"

"Oh please, I think anyone would bag that regardless of their 'type'!" Sebastian added.

I glance over my shoulder again at the collection of Barbie doll boys and girls. I guarantee each of there fancy designer bathing suits combined were worth more then mi Madres house all together! They all move, talk, laugh and smile like they are on stage for prom king and queen. 

There was a fine line from us and them, that's for sure.

"You're just saying that because of Esme." Alan says shaking his head.

I look up glaring at him though he could not see through my shades. "Don't bring her into this." I snap.

"Where is your mamacita anyways?" Nick asks