Chapter One

Present Day...

Y/n's P.O.V.
My alarm clock started blaring loudly into my ear. It was time for me to go back to school after the death of my sister. I never knew that Hannah was depressed, and that she wanted to kill herself. She seemed like a happy golucky girl. Sure, she had her ups and downs but that was normal. But, never did I imagine that she would do something like this.

I was working with Clay at the Crestmont when I got the call from mom. She was sobbing, and I could tell that she was struggling to get the words out. "H-Hannah's d-dead, Y/n. She slit her wrists in the bathtub," she sobbed.

I had no words, I just ran to the break room and I started bawling. My sister, the girl that I grew up with was gone. Clay entered the room and he asked me what happened, I told him and he started crying as well. And after that, we held each other close and I felt him run his fingers through my hair while I cried into his chest.

He offered to walk me home, and I agreed. When we approached the front door, he said that he was always a text away, and that if I ever needed him, he would be there for me. I'll never forget the looks of sadness and disbelief on my parents faces. When they saw me, they ran over and hugged me tightly and we all just sat there in the middle of the living room crying.

I didn't go to school for a week, from what Clay told me, he said that people were starting to worry about me. He didn't say who exactly, but I knew who he was talking about. Jessica, Courtney, and everyone else that Hannah and I had come into contact with. "Y/n, it's time to get up for school," Mom said, sitting down next to me on the bed. "I don't want to go, everyone will be looking at me," I sobbed. I felt her gently rub my back and I wiped away some of the tears that were falling down my cheeks.

"I know it's gonna be hard, but just try to talk to someone, like Clay. He cares about you," she sighed. "Yeah, your right, I'll try to talk to him," I said as I sat up on the bed. I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone and saw a text message from Clay.

Clay

Hey, I just wanted to tell that I'm here for you if you need me. If you want, we can get coffee at Monet's after school?

Monet's brought back way too many memories. Hannah and I would meet up with Jessica and Alex. I hadn't gone to Monet's ever since Hannah died, and I was worried that if I went back, I would start crying. But, I was glad that I had Clay, I knew he would comfort me whenever I needed him.

Y/n: Thanks Clay, I'd like that.

Clay: no problem, anything for my friend :)

Even on the darkest days, Clay could bring a small smile to my face. "I'm gonna get dressed for school," I said to mom. She nodded, and she left the room and I changed into a pair of long blue jeans, a purple shirt, and Hannah's jean jacket. After she died, we went into her room to see if she left behind a suicide note, but we didn't find one. Mom said that I could grab some stuff that reminded me of Hannah if I wanted to. It was a hard thing to do and I felt reluctant at first. But I knew that even in death, I still wanted Hannah to be with me through my daily life.

I grabbed her jean jacket, a small perfume bottle that smelled like daffodils, and a photo frame of the two of us at the beginning of Sophomore year. As I finished getting ready, I looked over at the photo of us and I sighed.

She was so beautiful, so kind, and I wished that she would've have talked to me before she did what she did. "I miss you Hannah, so much," I said as I softly kissed the photo frame and placed it back on the nightstand.