Chapter Three

Y/n's P.O.V.
I knew that it was wrong to skip school, but for some reason, leaving school made me feel better. When we finally pulled into a parking space behind the house, I looked around and made sure that nobody was looking at the car. The coast was clear, and Clay and I got out and entered my room through an unlocked window. Once we got in, I shut it, and peeked my head out into the hallway for a second. Nobody was there.

"Okay, coast is clear, you want something to eat or drink?" I asked looking back at Clay. "Sure, can I just have a water, and maybe some of those Cheetos if you have any?" he answered. I walked out into the kitchen and grabbed the stuff along with a small bar of chocolate. When I got back to my room, I saw Clay sitting on my bed, holding the photo of me and Hannah.

"I got that photo from Hannah's room after she..." I trailed off. Clay placed the photo back on the nightstand and looked up at me with those big blue eyes. "Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked grabbing my laptop from the desk. He nodded slightly, and we sat down next to each other on the bed and we were looking for something to watch.

After a while of searching, we couldn't find any good movies. "How about The Greatest Showman?" I suggested. I knew that Clay wasn't a big musical person, but I had heard so many good things about this movie. Hannah and I were supposed to watch it together, but when she died, I was very sad that she wouldn't be able to watch it with me.

"I don't know, weren't you and Hannah to watch this movie?" He responded. Just the thought of Hannah not watching the movie with me brought a tear to my eye. Clay noticed, and he wiped the tear off my cheek. "I'm sorry, I know it hurts," he whispered. "It's okay, I think Hannah would want me to the watch the movie with you, she always talked about how much you would like this movie," I sniffled.

I turned on the movie and I grabbed a pillow from my side of the bed and rested my head near Clay's chest. Halfway through the film there was a song called Rewrite the Stars that started playing. And without a thought, I started humming along to the song. I felt Clay wrap an arm around my back. I started to blush a deep red, and I was trying my hardest to not make it noticeable to Clay.

At the end of the song, I looked up at Clay, and I saw him slowly leaning in towards me. Before I had the chance to react, I felt him place his lips on mine. My heart started to pound inside my chest, I was having my first kiss with Clay Jensen. It wasn't a long kiss, but it was passionate all together. "Was that awkward?" Clay asked when we pulled apart. "No, it's wasn't. That was my first kiss," I answered.

Clay's eyes went wide as saucers, and let out a small chuckle. "Wow, I did not expect to hear that," he smiled. Then, I heard the front door open and I knew that it was my parents. "Go to the closet now!" I whispered to Clay. I quickly shut my laptop, grabbed his hand and we hid inside the closet, it was cramped, but it was better than getting caught. "Andy, I don't know what we're gonna do about this lawsuit," I heard my mom sigh from the kitchen.

Clay and I looked at each other silently questioning what lawsuit they were talking about. But then, a wave of realization crashed over me and I knew that they were going to sue the school.