Chapter 14. Live to fight another day

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, thank you so much for the support and wonderful comments, I really appreciate it! I'll probably be only able to try and update on weekends unfortunately since I am in school, but I hope you enjoy this chapter!
——————————————————————

(Y/N)'s POV
Jayhun and Jisu looked at us in shock, looks of disbelief on their faces at the possibility of there being more survivors in the building.

As we explained more into detail, they listened carefully. Taking in our words as we spoke.

Jayhun sighed before looking at Jisu. "If there ARE survivors in this building, the farther we go down, the more likely we're going to run into them." He mentioned, causing me to nod at his words.

"I think the best option for right now is to wait until we find more people. Someone is bound to know something about outside." I stated, causing Jisu to also nod, but before she could get a word in, Jayhun suddenly came to a halt.

He stared ahead, causing the rest of us to follow his gaze.

Blood.

The stench of iron was so strong, I had to cover my nose from gagging.

There was just so much of it.

"...L-Let's just pass it.." Jayhun mumbled, breaking the silence.

Jisu nodded, her face scrunching in disgust as she also covered her nose.

"I can smell the blood from here." She gagged, suddenly turning to face Hyun and I.

"Hey Hyun, (Y/N), watch our back in the way down." She commanded, causing Hyun and I to nod as we continued to follow them down the stairs.

Passing the 10th floor, Hyun moved closer to me and whispered.
"Are we really going to pass by the 10th floor? We might find some useful supplies."

I shook my head, looking forward as I whispered back.
"I think it's best we don't go in. We shouldn't risk it."

This caused Hyun to only sigh, before nodding and staying silent.

Suddenly, Jayhun let out a disgusted groan, stopping on the stairs.

Just ahead of us, was a dead body of a man.

I felt the tension between us as we stared, carefully waiting for the sudden beeping to start.

When it didn't, the tension only ceased a little bit, causing some of us to let out a breath of relief.

Though, despite seeing cadavers at school, between a cadaver and this dead body in front of me, it didn't feel right to be so relieved over the fact this man won't come back to life to kill us.

I watched as Jisu started patting down the man's body, a surprised look on her face as she pulled away. "He's still warm." She mumbled, causing the hairs on my body to stand on end.

I felt Hyun move closer to me, causing me to look at him.
He looked almost as sick as me, evident worry on his face as Jisu continued to search the man's body, pulling out a a charging cable and a chocolate bar.

Suddenly, pulling out a wallet next, causing me to frown.

Jisu must have felt my negative reaction, turning around and huffing at the look on my face.

"Don't worry, I'll leave the wallet with him." She promised, suddenly tossing the charging cable at me and the chocolate bar at Hyun.

"If you guys don't want it, give it back to him." She stated plainly