Chaper 16. Welcome back

Hey guys! Totally sorry for leaving you hanging for so long, but I have a temporary job now to help out with my family!
This means I'll be working weekends since I have school during the week, I'll try my best to keep updating, but other than that thanks for the support!
——————————————————————

3RD POV
Hyun awoke with a jolt.
Remnants of his dream instantly flooding back to him, as well as a throbbing headache in his skull.
The brunette groaned in pain as his eyes scanned the unfamiliar room, suddenly jumping from surprise as his eyes land on two strangers staring at him.

"Hey, welcome back." A spectacled boy greeted, giving him a small smile.
The red haired girl next to him, who looked a lot younger than the boy next to her, however, stared at him wearily, her eyes never leaving his form.

"You look a bit better." The boy commented, watching Hyun carefully sit up on the bed.

"So, how old are you?" The boy asked, only for his questioned to get ignored.
Hyun looked around the room for anyone else, his face full of urgency before suddenly landing on a body across the room.
The large, bloodied stain around their abdomen makes them stand out more against the dull and drained colors of the room.

Hyun's heart began to beat faster by every passing second, he stared at (Y/N)'s body in horror.
Just from where he was standing, he could already tell how dull and sickly pale her usually (S/C)  was.

'Is she..?'

He tried to hurry towards her, but before he could get any closer, the red haired girl from earlier got in front of him.
A can and lighter in hand as she pointed it directly at him.

"Don't get any closer to (Y/N)!" She yelled, keeping a watchful eye on him.

"Please-!" Hyun begged, backing off "She's my-"

"Boyfriend, maybe?"

Hyun quickly turned around, the boy staring at him now.
He sighed, getting up from his spot on the bed and standing next to the red haired girl, placing his hand over hers and pushing down her makeshift weapons.

The girl looked at him in confusion, but got ignored as he continued to smile at Hyun.

"My name's Hyuk Lee, and this is my little sister Eun." He began. "I'm sorry about my sister, (Y/N) is actually our friend and we were shocked to see her with you. We didn't know she had a boyfriend."

Hyun felt his face begin to heat him, avoiding their gaze as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"N-No...I-It's nothing like that.." he mumbled, causing Hyuk to laugh at the boy's embarrassment.

"Whatever you say man. Don't worry about her, she's going to be fine, shockingly enough." Hyuk explained, causing Hyun to look at him with relief.

Hyuk's face suddenly became serious, crossing his arms as he stared at the boy.
"So, I guess that means you two are monsters?" He asked.

Hyun suddenly tensed, looking down as he tried to avoid Hyuk's burning gaze on him.

'(Y/N), a monster..? But that can't be right..she hasn't shown any signs, unless...has she been hiding them from me?'

Hyun's mind raced with multiple thoughts, his brain trying to piece together when (Y/N) might have changed without him noticing.
A sudden sigh interrupted his thoughts, catching his attention as he looked over.

"You really had no idea about her being a monster, did you?" Hyuk asked, as if stating the obvious. "That's surprising since I assume you two have been together this entire time." He commented.
Hyun frowned, slightly irritated with the boy's attitude.
Hyun sat up, ready to shoot back with his own snarky comment before sudden movement behind Hyuk caught his eye.