Chapter 21

GOTTA DO SOMETHING
For you ash_yvonne

Niv's Point Of View

"See you soon, Nieva. I love you."

I closed my laptop. I wasn't able to reply with my mom's last phrase. I was speechless. The whole week has ended. My mother granted me my freedom. Ibig sabihin, I can have my gadgets back and I can go out. Neighbors are also back. I'm happy.

"Finally..." I whispered in between inhales and exhales.

"Finally, huh?"

I opened my eyes to look at Seb, leaning sideward on the doorway to the kitchen with arms across his chest. His hair's messy. As messy as his life, attitude and personality.

"Was it that bad staying with me?"

Hindi ko sya pinansin. I stood up from the sofa with my laptop in hand at diretsong naglakad papasok sa kwarto ko. I heard him sigh when I walked pass near him. Is it because I haven't talked to him since our last sex? Or talagang ganyan sya pag tigang?

Yes, our last sex or my last conversation with him was that Saturday noon no'ng nilayasan ko sya sa kama. I was really upset. When he tried to talk to me or approach me, I ignored and avoided him mula kahapon. It's hard but I must.

"Lalabas ka na? It's too early. You should have breakfast first."

He uttered with a hint of irritation nang malampasan ko sya ulit. Hindi ako nagsalita, I just continued fixing my sweater. I want to visit Rand or Rie today. Nakabalik na sila, late noon kahapon. They must be wondering why wala ako. If they open up about it, I'll clear it off. May reason naman na ako in mind.

I was about to pull the door open when suddenly, Seb grabbed my arm pulling me back inside.

"Fuck! Let me go!"

"There, marunong ka pa palang magsalita. 'Kala ko napipi ka bigla,"

He let me go. His breathing is controlled but ragged. His forehead creased and his eyes holds so much confusion. Parang may gusto syang ilabas but he's holding it back.

"What the heck is wrong, Niv? Nung nakaraan okay tayo, tapos kahapon hindi ka na nagsasalita. Whatever this is, you need to stop this. It's not funny."

Tiningnan ko sya ng masama. Namewang sya with one hand, while the other pushed his hair back then scratched his brow, looking so frustrated.

"Okay, let's just put this aside for now. All I want to say is, wag ka munang lumabas o makisalamuha sa iba. They came from outside, hindi mo alam kung anong nasagap nila. Uso ang social distancing but it's better to avoid and prevent."

He's right, but it's my life. I could've had an argument or debate with him for that, but I chose to turn my back and storm out of his flat. Paninindigan ko na ang plano ko na wag muna syang kausapin. I don't till when, but I just want to avoid him now as much I want to avoid the virus.

Last Saturday wasn't the first time I got upset with Seb's outspokenness. I guess he really doesn't know what comes out from his mouth. Can you imagine how it is like to be in my shoe? Ako kasi ang babae dito, ako ang agrabyado sa lahat ng anggulo. That's why I can never agree with all his foolishness.

"Earth to Niv! Ba't tulala ka bigla?"

I looked at Rie that's looking at me with a questioning look. I suddenly realized na nadito pala ako sa labas ng flat niya and we were talking a while ago when my thoughts flew away bigla.