Chapter 1

...The Introduction to y/n and meeting him...

A/N: y/n (reader) is female, however if there are some men and non-binary people reader this let me know, I'll change it and make y/n GN... also I think I should say that y/n's family situation is mostly based off of my own upbringing.

Y/n l/n: your name, last nameCurrent age: 18 years oldSchool: Karasuno; third year, class 5School club: not officially in a club, but is the first aid assistant

Current age: 18 years old
School: Karasuno; third year, class 5
School club: not officially in a club, but is the first aid assistant. Along with being a first aid assistant,  been going to all of the volleyball team's tournaments as an "official" team medic, since her first year.
Goals: being expected to Tokyo university or Kyoto university.
            Become a doctor and save lives.
Best friend: Shimizu Kiyoko and y/n have been friends since babies, mostly because their mothers had been friends since high school.
Family: y/n lives with her father, her father is an alcoholic who has been struggling with grief since his wife (y/n's mother) passed away 7 years ago, due to an unexpected headache. Y/n's was extremely close to her mother, always being with her mum, she loved her and was heart broken when she passed but chose to be strong of her father.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You laid on your bed reading your school schedule for the new year, you'd be starting your third year and you'd be off to university, looking over to you window seeing the sky full of stars. Slowly closing your eyes, you suddenly hear a loud crash just outside, hearing the low grumble following the crash you know it was your father. 'Lucky I stayed up' you thought at you run to the front door, once opening it you saw your father lying face down on the ground, "dad are you alright, I'll help you up okay?" You tell him as you hook an arm around him waist and rest one of his arms on your shoulders, "thankss~~ sweetie" he spoke, his words were slurred and reeked of alcohol. 'Dad you smell really bad' you thought as you walked him to the living room and sat him down, leaning him against the wall so he wouldn't fall. It wasn't hard to miss the blood on your father's chin and knees, "dad I'm gonna have to go to the convenient store we need more bandages, so just stay here" you stood and received a small nod from your dad. Grabbing your wallet and slipping your shoes on, you began the short journey to sakanoshita market. This is a convenient store you visit regularly, and always encounter a lovely lady whom owns said store, with the amount of times you've been there for late night visits to get any and everything to help your father through his drunken state, you'd almost consider this woman a friend or maybe even an auntie. Walking through the door, there was a faint smell of cigarette smoke in the air, looking around you saw a really handsome man sitting at the counter with a cigarette resting between his lips and a magazine in his hands that happened to be occupying his attention. You grabbed some bandages, medical tape and some painkillers, walking up to the counter you place your items down slowly and look up at the man, who was still completely oblivious to your presence. "Umm excuse me" you spoke, instantly gaining his attention, "crap, what are you a ghost? I didn't even hear you" he jumped slightly, however attempting to hide it as he put out his cigarette. "Oh sorry, just this thanks" pointing to your Items, he look down at them and smirked slightly, "you getting into late night fights or something" you notice his voice was deep and rough but was still somehow smooth and playful, you smiled at his comment "nah not me, but my father did try to fight the concrete" you giggled. He let out a light chuckle, "I'm guessing the concrete won" he still held his smirk, as he scanned and placed the items in a bag. "Well you didn't hear it from me" you smirked back at him and he just let out another chuckle, "and that will be, ¥1200" he said and you passed him the money, ready to grab your shopping bag and leave but he stopped you. "here have these, I'm sure they'll help sober up your father" he placed a paper bag and two coffee cans on the counter, "if you don't take them they'll just go in the bin, so take them. It's just a few meat buns and two coffees" taking the drinks, meat buns and your items, you smiled brightly as you thanked him and left the store a little happier about meet the mystery man. Little did you know he felt the same way, he secretly hoped he'd meet the mystery woman again. That he'd meet you again.