Chapter 2: Scripts

Taka walked to the school's auditorium. It was quite big and would do a perfect job. Hope's Peak had done this on purpose as people with theatrical talents would also attend. He entered the auditorium and immediately realized that two other people were in there. Izuru Kamukura from the 77th class and Tsumugi Shirogane from the 53rd class. They appeared to be... arguing?

"Oh hello there!" Tsumugi said. Her eyes then wandered to the scripts in Taka's hands. "Oh were you here to work on your play..."
Makoto, Hajime and Shuichi had told everyone about the competition they had gotten in to and everybody was adamant to win.
"Yes, yes I am. I presume that you two are here to do the same?"

The two others nodded.
"Well we must figure out a way to share the auditorium as all of us have plays we must rehearse for."
Izuru said.
"You're very right. We must devise an appropriate plan for all of us to rehearse."

"Oh how about you" Tsumugi pointed at Taka "Get it on Mondays and Thursdays. You"
She pointed at Izuru "Get it on Tuesdays and Fridays. And my class can get it on Wednesdays and Saturdays."
"That's fine."
Izuru said in his usual bored tone.
"It also works for me!"

"Okay then I'll take my leave now! Have fun!"
Tsumugi waved and left the auditorium. They could hold their meeting in their classroom after all. Izuru nodded and walked out as well. He'd just gather everyone in their classroom.

Soon the remaining 15 students all came in and took a seat.
"Alright, now that everyone is here we can begin our meeting!"
Take walked up and on to the stage.
"Today I'll be pass around the scripts. Toko took the time to write it and I made copies this morning. Toko if you could help please."

The writing prodigy got up and started giving everyone the scripts. The ultimates started to skim through them.
"I read it through this morning and I'd say that it's very accurate!"
Makoto nodded slowly.
"My sister Komaru listens to the songs from this musical all the time. She'll really love to see us perform it."

"That's great!" Taka smiled. "Well if it's okay with all of you, I'd like to take over the role of your director."
Nobody raised any objections.
"Wonderful! Now on to another matter... We won't be holding a rehearsal this class but I want everybody to think of which character they want to audition for. I'd also like to say that even if you don't get a lead or support character you'll probably still have to play a small part because we only have a limited amount of people."
After that it was kind of silent as people tried to figure out which part they'd go for.

———

"I'm going to be the director for this musical."
Izuru stated. He had gathered everyone in to their classroom about five minutes ago and was now getting right to the point. Everybody just nodded.
"Sonia."

The princess took this as her cue and immediately started passing around the scripts that she had printed out yesterday to the students. Hajime skimmed through his copy Yup, nothing was left out. Not even the, uh Dead Girl Walking, scenes.

"Start thinking about which parts you want. Auditions are tomorrow and they'll be at the auditorium."
Hajime would happily settle for a small part. He'd audition for something like Kurt or Ram. Everybody started to think about the parts they wanted.
"Even if you don't get a big part you'll still have to play a small part as one of the other students."
Izuru said.

———

"Alright everybody! Are we ready to put on the best musical this school has ever scene?"
Tsumugi yelled, smiling from ear to ear.
There were a few small cheers and smiles from the students.
"Oh come on it'll be great!"
Some people nodded.

"Okay first things first I'll give you all the scripts."
Tsumugi did so.
"I'll be holding auditions tomorrow after school in this classroom. If you don't get a part, you'll be a part of the stage crew and help with lights, music, props, costumes... Oh and we have a limited amount of people so if you don't get a part you'll probably also have to play small parts anyway."

"Did you find this online Tsumugi?"
Shuichi asked.
"Yes but I tweaked a few things."
Shuichi didn't want anything big. He would rather be on stage crew than actually perform but he figured that Tsumugi would want everyone to audition so he'd probably sing one of Tommy's parts. Plus he didn't think his voice was that good anyway.

———

The next part will be the auditions! I've got great things planned for this book!